WnSoft Forums

Choupinette de retour de Rome

I wanted to tell how my little bell Choupinette (a gentle nickname for a little girl) had returned from Rome to distribute to the wise children full of chocolate eggs. But I did not have time enough, and I could only finish the end, for a premiere performance at Easter, to my friends of the Jean-Pierre, JPD’ forum , Diapositif.

It’s now my pleasure to offer to you this fantasy, and with a lot of delay, to wish to all of you a heap of good things.

I hope that for you, the fluidity will be there. Nevertheless, remember of closing PTE and the other large programs.

My link

Here is what I tell in introduction :

Tell of Easter

My little bell Choupinette has just ended its first journey in Rome.

It’s again at home, it’s now at the bottom of the big tower.

The journey was very trying, and Choupinette is completely exhausted.

Will it have the strength to rise above, quite above ?

It’s going to find its Grandma and Grandpa, and naturally its dear yoke

(in French, yoke is a “mouton” = a sheep , so it could be like a teddy bear !)

Very firmly hung on it, it’s finally going to be able to relax.

Then it takes heart again, it pushes the main entrance,

and enters

Woow, there is certainly a lot of work in this 3D animation!

The bells are stunning! Square objects are easy to make but bells, it's not piece of cake.

I would be curious to know how much hours you spend to built it (and I use this verb on purpose ;) ).

I think even Igor didn't suspect such an animation would be made with PTE.

Congratulations for this technical tour de force and your impressive skills with PTE... and architecture!

Jean,

Absolutely terrific!!! At first I thought you must have been using a program other than PTE. It just didn't seem possible to me that someone could create those effects with PTE. I know that I could not.

Congratulations.

Don

... At first I thought you must have been using a program other than PTE. It just didn't seem possible to me that someone could create those effects with PTE ...

Here the question arises, if it is a value in its own to construct a sequence like Choupinette with PTE. In spite of all skills of Choupinette's creator, as PTE is not a 3D graphics application, the sequence has its deficiencies. Wouldn't it here be better to use a tool like Blender?

Regards,

Xaver

A lot of thanks to all of you, who’ve been kind enough to write a word of appreciation.

Ken, always the first to react so kindly !

TheDom, yes, I’m sure you imagine that the building takes a long time. But not really difficult, even for the bells. The animation is not always easy : PTE knows just 2D objects in a 3D space (not too bad !!! ), but it ignores the 3D objects. So, it’s not easy to move around them. Thank you.

Thank you, Lin. You make me blush.

And Colin too !!

Yes,Don , it’s 100% PTE. And just 8 views ! so you can do that without a licence !!! (I’ve one, of course !)

Ah, Xaver, my aim was (is) not to create animation for animation (for this, other softwares are certainly much better, I agree absolutely ), but just to see how PTE is working with a lot of objects, KeyPoints, etc, etc. And I agree too, that such a sequence is not easy to put in a AV (and asks too much work) . It was just for the fun. And to be able to juggle with PTE ! Thank for leaving your viewpoint.

Thank you Dick, tout le plaisir était pour moi !

Congratulations dear Jean-Cyprien,

You are incredible !

What is your next challenge ? The Eiffel tower in 3D ?!!! :lol:

Jean

What a wonderful presentation.

As a technical exercise stunning and surpasses anything I thought possible with PTE, you have pushed the program to a new high.

First of all, my apologies for the long delay to answer your so kind messages.

Ah, Peter, if it was as easy as that to take over the mantle of Jean-Pierre ! No, he had a lot of surprising good ideas I haven’t. And a big experience of PTE. Thanks a lot, Dear Peter for your kind appreciation. I know you like Rubik’s Cube. The framework is just a great number of cubes !

So, David, you too like the framework ! To move the view through it is not really easy (it’s necessary to stop at each floor…) but I have had fun playing with all this sticks ! Thank you my friend, to remember me.

Dear Etienne, I see you are careful with the Google language tools. When I was to verify the introduction, “its dear yoke” was translated as “its expensive mutton” !!!). Now I think 1) one challenge a year is enough, 2) The Eiffel tower is of no interest : la “Grande Dame” is already in 3D with Google SketchUp (see GoogleEarth !) 3) I want to do AV with stereoscopic views, and it’s not easy 4) Igor is working to improve PTE, and I’m sure the new versions will be more and more interesting .

Thank you Andrew, but it’s still possible to do much complicated ! With time !

Thank you too, John. With PTE, it’s possible to do a lot a beautiful things, never dreamed last year !! The improvement is very important, thanks to Igor and his team.

Now, there is a new version of PTE I need to test ! Thanks again for your comments.

Jean-Cyprien