WnSoft Forums

Big Black Box appears in discussions....? [SOLVED]

goddi

Greetings,

I just got back from 3 weeks in Croatia and Slovenia. So I want to catch up on topics since I missed. I notice that I keep getting a big black box at the beginning of the discussions which cuts out someone's posting. Is it me or the Forum???

Also, I know I have missed a lot of posting, I usually click on View New Content to catch up on the lasted inputs. However, even though I have missed 3 weeks of postings, only the lasted two for Today show up. Is there a way to go back by 'date' to see the postings I have missed???

Thanks... Gary

I usually click on View New Content to catch up on the lasted inputs. However, even though I have missed 3 weeks of postings, only the lasted two for Today show up. Is there a way to go back by 'date' to see the postings I have missed???

"View New Content" refers now only to new topics and not to new posts.

To see all new posts, go to the bottom of the index page and click on "Todays's active content"

post-704-127724716827_thumb.png

Then, on the bottom right of the screen, next to "Active in the last..." there is a box where you can choose between several options:

post-704-127724732817_thumb.png

Gerard...

Thanks for the reply but I am not seeing what you are seeing. I don't see the drop-down menu you showed. I went to the Index page and clicked on Todays Active Content. I put in a range of dates. But it wants me to put in a filter word. I just want everythings between certain dates. I even tried a filter word but that did not work either. I really just want the results that I used to get when I clicked on View New Content.

But worse than that, there seems to be something happening to the Forum. When I try to get in or go to a sub-forum, it times-out. When I open my post, my post shows up for a second, then it is covered by a black box and I only see your response. I wonder if their is something wrong with site. I have no problems getting into any other site.

Gary

=======================

"View New Content" refers now only to new topics and not to new posts.

To see all new posts, go to the bottom of the index page and click on "Todays's active content"

post-704-127724716827_thumb.png

Then, on the bottom right of the screen, next to "Active in the last..." there is a box where you can choose between several options:

post-704-127724732817_thumb.png

Gary,

Interesting that you are experiencing instability on the forum site. I've had it for a couple of weeks now and thought it was probably my system getting "dirty" or some kind of fault at my ISP. I've been concentrating on "cleaning" my system (which is no bad thing to do!) But perhaps there is a more fundamental problem at the forum hosting site.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

The forum was off line Monday & part Tuesday this week, in my view there has been very little posting since last Friday. I put this down to the holidays & good weather???

Yachtsman1 :unsure:

ACCESSING the forum has been "iffie" for the last 2 -3 weeks at times

- it is hard to get on and hard to make entries

- does not seem to matter what time of day

also the forum was down for 36 hrs +- the other day due to problems with Innovision.

the lack of entries i figgered was due to soccer

and now tennis

ken

Hi Guys,

Yes, I also am having severe problems trying to connect to the "WnSoft Forum Main Page".

Its some 3 weeks since this problem started and Windows responds with various messages:-

Cant find Web-Page....Trying to connect to Web-Page....Web-Page not available.

Now I have to make a Google-Search for "WnSoft" then trawl down the 'Listings' and select

'WnSoft Downloads'-->and when this opens,select-->Forums which opens up immediately ??.

Firstly, I thought it was an ISP-problem, then I 'pinged' the Site and all was O.K.

Secondly, I thought it may be a Key-Logger diverter or Coolwebsearch ~ all Scans O.K.

I have come to the conclusion thats its a 'Space-allocation problem' in that the amount of

Mail traffic and Show/Images have exceeded the Invision-Board space allocation.

It could also be that the Invision-Board people have run out of Server capacity due to the

number of Companies using their Services ??

Brian (Conflow)

This is my 7th attempt to post the above. Igor please look into this and let s know !!

Greetings,

Just to add to this problem.... I keep getting Time-out errors. And I am still getting the black-box problem I mentioned earlier. I am using Firefox 3.6.4. So I tried on another one of my PCs that has an earlier version of Firefox. No problems. I just tried again on my main computer again where I am having the problem with the Forum and I tried using IE to get into the Forum. No problem. So, maybe, it has to do with the current version of Firefox? And I think Firefox just issued this update and I installed it. :angry:

I am not sure how to revert back to an earlier version of Firefox on this PC to test this theory. Does this shed any light on the problem????

Gary

This took me 3 attempts to post....

I don't have a problem with reading the forum once I am in, but I cannot get the automatic login to work. I tick the 'remember me' box, but it doesn't remember, and I have to click the 'Login' button two or three times before I get the login screen. My system is XP SP3 and I use Opera 10.4 - the latest version. Overall, I don't think I like this version of the forum software as I did earlier versions. Just a thought - I am in New Zealand, and my access times are generally when Europe and the Americas are asleep, so I don't see any signs of overloading that some mention.

I've e-mailed Igor to make sure that he is aware of this topic.

I'm wondering if forum usage has risen to the point where we've hit a "usage limit" and the bandwidth is now capped by the service provider. I'm usually on first thing in the morning UK time and normally have no problems. Later in the day when the colonials like Ken and Lin start hitting the system it slows noticeably. Colin, living in "upside down" time also has no problems; which would fit this explanation. Anyhow, the ball is in Igor's court.

I seem to recall that about 18-24 months ago Igor had to pay extra to raise the usage limit. It might be time for him to get his credit card out again!

regards,

Peter

Peter

I am up before you in order to talk with the uk and as i said it does not seem to make any difference - i just ran a trace of the isp and it was as fast as ever but it looks like they have moved their location closer to the east coast - -i thought they used to be west of chicago

ken

Greetings,

I have been trying to do a little more testing to see what actually is going on. Earlier I said I did not have problems accessing PTE with IE...I take that back. What is really strange is that whenever I go into any Topic, the first posting in that Topic comes up fine but within a second or so, it gets covered by the 'black box'. But this happens only on my main PC in Firefox. I overwrote my current version 3.6.4 with earlier versions of Firefox but the black box effect still happened. It doesn't do this in IE. Any ideas where this is coming from????

Gary

Igor,

The Forum seems to be back to being responsive and quick. However it is worse as far as the 'black box' problem that I am experiencing. When I started to get this black box effect, it only covered up the initial posting's space. I could at least scroll down to see the other postings. The black box space would scroll up and out of the way. Now, the black box is frozen in place and I can only see about 2 or 3 lines of any posting below the black box space. As I try to scroll down, the black box does not move; it is frozen in place. I only have a 2 or 3 line space at the bottom that allows text to appear as I scroll down. This is happening only with my Firefox. I am responding with my IE which does not exhibit this black box problem. I have tried several other versions of Firefox but the black box persists in any version of FF that I have tried. This only started recently...it think after a Firefox update was run.

Gary

Added later: I noticed that when I click on the Firefox's "Reload current page" icon, the black box disappears quickly but immediately returns.

Added even later: I wanted to see what would happen if I visited another site that runs the same Invision Power Board. So I went to the Gallery site of Invision Power Board. The same thing happens. I get the frozen black box. Not sure what this means.

=====================================

We have finished updating of the forum.

Please let me know if above described problems still exist.

Gary,

This is not going to help you directly but I'm using Firefox 3.6.4 quite happily on my Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 system. Whilst your problem might be related to the Firefox update, it isn't affecting all Firefox users. Have you changed anything else recently?

regards,

Peter

Peter,

Well, I was gone for 3 weeks so I ran the Windows updates and, I think, a Firefox update. I am running FF 3.6.4. Things happen so fast, I can not remember any other changes. I've ran all my virus checkers, registry cleaners, etc., etc... It is strange that Igor's fix changed the black box from being able to get scrolled out of the way to becomming frozen in place. I have tried many other forums but only PTE (and Invisions) site does this. I am running Windows 7 Professional. I seem to have a knack for being the 'only one'. :rolleyes:

Gary

========================

Gary,

This is not going to help you directly but I'm using Firefox 3.6.4 quite happily on my Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 system. Whilst your problem might be related to the Firefox update, it isn't affecting all Firefox users. Have you changed anything else recently?

regards,

Peter

We have finished updating of the forum.

Please let me know if above described problems still exist.

Igor,

Here in Ireland we still have a problem getting on to the Forum ~ but once connected we can

now Post and Edit contents without the timeout failures.

Brian (Conflow)

Brian,

I confirm this. Had some issue today. I just sent the new request to Invision.

Gary,

So it seems to be common visual bug for all Invision forums 3.xx? I'll inform Invision.

To all,

New version of the forum adds a special style - nice for mobile devices.

post-1-057050500 1277536416_thumb.png