WnSoft Forums

Access violation code 0065C394

Ronniebootwest

I am using Windows XP Professional.

When I attempt to create an HD (MP4) file in PTE I get the following message: post-925-066952200 1280677072_thumb.jpg and am then unable to proceed.

This has probably got someting to do with the DEP settings on my computer.

Can someone help me by explaining what settings I should be using please.

A walk through, with screenshots, would be most helpful because I am in unchartered waters with this one.

Thanks,

Ron West

Hello Peter,

I already read through the post you refer to but it deals with another violation and only when using Vista.

I use XP Pro Home edition. I looked at the DEP options in the contraol panel but I did not really understand how to use it, so left well aloneuntil I get some advice.

Ron

I have now created a short slide show in PTE VERSION 6 and creating an HD video works fine in that version so it must

mean that there is a conflict somewhere with effect from 6.5

I have determined that the last version where the Create HD Video option worked properley, was 6.5 beta 12. From then on the exception code error has been presented.

so the problem started with beta 13.

If Igor is watching this thread, perhaps he can throw some light on the problem?

Ron

Ron,

Please could you reply on my questions which will help me determine reason of this issue and solve it:

1) Will the problem happens with latest Beta 15?

2) Does the problem occurs only with particular slideshow or with all projects? If the problem exists only with a particular slideshow, please send me source files in ZIP archive of this one.

3) Will the problem occurs with a newely created simple project which consists from several slides and no music?

Thank you in advance!

Ron,

Please could you reply on my questions which will help me determine reason of this issue and solve it:

1) Will the problem happens with latest Beta 15?

YES, THIS PROBLEM DOES HAPPEN IN BETA 15

2) Does the problem occurs only with particular slideshow or with all projects? If the problem exists only with a particular slideshow, please send me source files in ZIP archive of this one.

I WILL TEST AGIN WITH DIFFERENT SLIDE SHOWS AND LET YOU KNOW.

3) Will the problem occurs with a newely created simple project which consists from several slides and no music?

I WILL NOW CREATE A SMALL SLIDE SHOW WITHOUT MUSIC, AND LET YOU KNOW.

Thank you in advance!

Ron,

I HAVE NOW TESTED WITH SEVERAL SLIDE SHOWS AND THE PROBLEM HAPPENS WITH ALL SLIDE SHOWS.

beta 1 works OK

beta 2 works OK

beta 8 works OK

beta 9 works OK

beta 10 problem happens and cannot create HD file

beta 11 problem happand and cannot create HD file

beta 12 works OK

beta 12, 13 1nd 15 problem happens again.

All above tested without any music in the project.

I started a new project with just 3 slides without any music and tested with the same beta's as above - I had the same results, only beta 2,8, 9, and 12 worked OK. The rest produced the same problem of data protection.

Thank you in advance!

Igor,

Here is a link to the short slide show I used in the above tests:

Here

When you get to Mediafire, it is the second file 'Project1'

Anyone else using Windows XP, can download and test this file for themselves. Let me know if you get the same problem please.

Ron

Igor,

Here is a link to the short slide show I used in the above tests:

Here

When you get to Mediafire, it is the second file 'Project1'

Anyone else using Windows XP, can download and test this file for themselves. Let me know if you get the same problem please.

Ron

========================

Ronnie,

I'm not sure if this will help. But, I played your slideshow on my Windows7, 6.5 Beta15, and had no problems. I then tried opening it on my WindowsXP PC that has 6.0 Final and 6 Beta24 on it. In each of these two versions, I get an error "Sound Files Not Found" (it shows up 5 times in its error message window). I thought what I downloaded was created in 6.0 and it should have worked in my versions on my XP PC, but maybe I misunderstood your posting.

Not sure what to make of this.

Gary

Hi Garry,

Yes you did misunderstand my post. The problem only arises with Windows XP.

My test show was made with PTE Version 6.5 beta 15 and does not include any music so that is why your system cannot find it!

Ron

Hi Garry,

Yes you did misunderstand my post. The problem only arises with Windows XP.

My test show was made with PTE Version 6.5 beta 15 and does not include any music so that is why your system cannot find it!

Ron

===================

Ok... I installed the 6.5 Beta 15 on my Windows XP PC and played your test slideshow and had no problems.

Gary

PS And when I go to make an MP4...no problems.

Ron,

Thanks. Can I ask you some more information?

1) Where exactly the error message occurs:

- right after you clicked "Create HD video for PC and Mac" in PicturesToExe

- or when you choosed settings and quality of video and pressed Convert button?

2) Please send me full screenshot of entire desktop when the error message appears.

3) What settings you use to produce video file? Please send me screenshot.

(Important note - please don't change any parameter - the problem may disappears and we will not find the true reason anymore.)

4) And please send me VideoBuilder.ini file. Run Windows Search for all files and folders (including hidden).

On my Windows XP this file located here:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PicturesToExe\Versions\6.5 Beta 15

===================

Ok... I installed the 6.5 Beta 15 on my Windows XP PC and played your test slideshow and had no problems.

Gary

PS And when I go to make an MP4...no problems.

Hello Goddi,

That is strange, I now wonder how yours works.

Can you let me know what your settings are in the DEP controls in the Control Panel. i.e. Start>Control Panel>System>Advanced>Perfomance Settings>Data Execution Prevention

When you get to the Data Execution Prevention tab, which of the two radio buttons have you checked? 1. Turn on DEP for all programs and services only, or 2. Tutn on DEP for all programs and services exept those I select.

and also, do you have anything in the box below the two radio buttons?

Ron.

Ron,

Thanks. Can I ask you some more information?

1) Where exactly the error message occurs:

- right after you clicked "Create HD video for PC and Mac" in PicturesToExe

- or when you choosed settings and quality of video and pressed Convert button?

2) Please send me full screenshot of entire desktop when the error message appears.

3) What settings you use to produce video file? Please send me screenshot.

(Important note - please don't change any parameter - the problem may disappears and we will not find the true reason anymore.)

4) And please send me VideoBuilder.ini file. Run Windows Search for all files and folders (including hidden).

On my Windows XP this file located here:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PicturesToExe\Versions\6.5 Beta 15

Hi Igor,

I have asked Goddi to answer a couple of questions because he does not appear to be having any problems like mine. It might be that I have my DEP settings all wrong in the System folder. I will wait and see what he says before replying to your questions - It might be that I need to make some changes in my own Control Panel. Fingers crossed!

Ron

Igor,

I am now going to try the obvious, reinstall the PTE program for version 6.5 beta 15.

Since both you and Goddi are not having any problems, it must be something that is wrong with my own configuration.

Ron