WnSoft Forums

Offset needed on sound comments

aplman

Whilst there is much to admire and much to enjoy in the new sound features, I am puzzled at the absence of an "Offset" parameter when using "Add sound" - Customize.

May I request that it be implemented please?

Ken T

Ken,

In my opinion, the concept of sound comments is outdated, in particular when looking at the announcements on version 7, see here. Once the audio objects will be shown (and hopefully can be manipulated (shifts, envelopes)) in the timeline, the feature of sound comments may only have its merits with respect to compatibility. So let us wait for the advent of v7.

Regards,

Xaver

• 2 months later...

I am a bit late but....

I full agree with Ken and full support his claim. The offset for audio clips added with the "Add sound" button is cruelly missing!

Why? Because the start of the audio clip should be adjusted depending on the duration of the transition.

It would be very nice if Igor could add this possibilty before releasing the v7, version. We can guess that the v7 beta with new video features will require some months before reaching the final version. This offset feature is really needed each time we want to add comments synchronized with a particular slide.

There are a lot of other possible improvements for sound editing although a very great and good job has already been done in that way with v6.5, but this one is a very important one and perhaps not so difficult to implement as this feature already exist for sound properties in project options.

Best regards

Daniel

It's a simple omission in previous version, because technically it has support in sound engine. I'm sorry about this missed feature. We'll add Offset parameter to sound comments to the next version (7.0).

Thank you very much, Igor - this is good news!

I appreciate very much your attention to ideas from your users!

Ken T (APLman)

• 1 month later...