WnSoft Forums

Copy Slide

Laszlo K

Back in the Version 4... era we could copy a slide from one project to the other.

I have tried it but it does not work.

Can we still copy somehow a slide from project "A" to Project "B"?

Laszlo

Hi Laszlo,

You can copy a slide and all the associated animations, but not sound.

Open the project to copy from and right click on the slide to be copied in the slide list. From the drop down menu choose "Copy Slide".

Do not close this project but open the one to copy to and use the right click to "paste" to the slide list.

The slide and any associated animations and timings will be copied to the new project.

Thank "Hawk" for discovering and explaining this procedure...

Lin

Back in the Version 4... era we could copy a slide from one project to the other.

I have tried it but it does not work.

Can we still copy somehow a slide from project "A" to Project "B"?

Laszlo

Hi Lin

That is what I was trying but it will not work. Two different machine same no go.

Laszlo

Hi Laszlo,

You can copy a slide and all the associated animations, but not sound.

Open the project to copy from and right click on the slide to be copied in the slide list. From the drop down menu choose "Copy Slide".

Do not close this project but open the one to copy to and use the right click to "paste" to the slide list.

The slide and any associated animations and timings will be copied to the new project.

Thank "Hawk" for discovering and explaining this procedure...

Lin

post-6772-054343300 1291249903_thumb.jpg

post-6772-018944500 1291249925_thumb.jpg

Hi Laszlo,

It works perfectly on all my XP systems, but I don't have other operating systems to test it with.

Let's go over it step by step just to be certain:

1. Open the PTE file to copy from

2. Go to the Slide List from the Main view (not from Objects & Animations)

3. Highlight (select the slide to be copied)

4. Right click

5. From the drop down list, choose "Copy Slide" with left click from mouse

6. Click on "File" in upper left corner of task bar

7. Click on "Open"

8. Navigate to new show where you want to Paste

9. Put the mouse cursor at the position in the slide list where you want to paste the copied slide

9. Right click in the slide list and choose "Paste" from the drop down menu

Save the changes.....

On all my systems this will successfully paste the slide to the new PTE file.

Perhaps with other operating systems there may be issues I'm not aware of.....

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

That is what I was trying but it will not work. Two different machine same no go.

Laszlo

Lin/Laszlo,

This technique hs always worked for me on Vista Home Premium and with all versions of PTE. I would add one more line between items 5 and 6 in Lin's list:

5a - Do NOT Close this PTE project. Do NOT shutdown this instance of PTE.

And although I've never tested this, if you manually copy across any sound clip associated with that slide to the folder associated with the new project, you might find that the sound clip properties are carried across, too.

regards,

Peter

Laszlo,

The second image screenshot in your post #3 immediately shows me the simple error of your ways ... you have two sessions (windows) of PTE open.

You can only have one session (window) of PTE open to perform the copy&paste. Make sure you use File | Open menu to open the other project file in the same session of PTE. Lin mentions this in his no.6 and no.7 order of sequence.

*Double-clicking to open the other project file (while the first is already open) ... just opens the file in another window or second session of PTE.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi All

I've just tried this, I use W7 Professional 64bit and PTE version 6.0.4, it didn't work for me either, the paste heading on the second show opened remains grayed out. :unsure:

Yachtsman1

I have W7 Professional 64 bit and also W7 Home Premium 32 bit, and it works perfectly on those, exactly as spelled out by Lin above.

That's with the most recent 6.5 release of P2E, but it still worked with earlier releases.

Regards,

wideangle.

(Glad to see you back in contact again, Lin. We just need TheDom back again, after his ill-health which he mentioned on his site)

Hi All.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit on my desktop, on the other hand my wife's machine is running on XP pro and my laptop also XP pro have the same issue.

But I managed to succeed finally. While before one had to have two windows open to make it work, this time I tried Stue's advise:

Prepare slide / copy / file / open recent (project to paste to) and paste.

It worked like a charm

Thanks a lot guys

Laszlo

Hi Jeff, wideangle,

Thanks - it's good to be back after an 8,000 + mile, two month trip with my two dogs and dragging my little 23 foot travel trailer around the U.S. Unfortunately, I had a mini-stroke the day before yesterday and couldn't use my left arm or hand or speak. Fortunately, all the symptoms are gone now except a minor speech impediment and a bit of "drooling" on the left side of my mouth - have to keep wiping with my sleeve - LOL. Guess I'll have to start taking aspirin every day now to keep the blood thin. Not interested in taking the "rat poison" the doctors use - HA!

Lin

Great to have you back, Lin! We all missed you.

Jeff

Hi Eric,

Yes, it's been a year of trials; but also a year in which I was fortunate to be able to visit with many friends and relatives and renew relationships. I definitely have mixed feelings about 2010.....

Best regards,

Lin

Sorry to hear of your latest problem Lin, I bet you'll be glad to see the back of 2010?

regards Eric

Yachtsman1.