WnSoft Forums

PTE 64bit?

John

Are you aware that the current version of PicturesToExe will work perfectly OK on Windows 7 running 64 bit

Barry

The only apparent option when installing on windows7 was x86, since reading your reply Ihave copied the files to the 64bit directory where they seem to work. What I wanted to know was will PTE make full use of 64 bit and access more than 3gb of memory?

Regards

john

John,

Copying the files to the 64-bit directory will make no difference. PTE is a 32-bit application whether you run it on a 64-bit or a 32-bit version of Windows.

Barry,

See the discussion at http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12402&st=20. There are many reasons to have a native 64-bit version of PTE. My own personal reason is because it will make rendering HD video much easier and faster. But even for .exe files if the .exe is very large it will not run smoothly as a 32-bit application even on a very powerful PC.

John,

Copying the files to the 64-bit directory will make no difference. PTE is a 32-bit application whether you run it on a 64-bit or a 32-bit version of Windows.

Barry,

See the discussion at http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12402&st=20. There are many reasons to have a native 64-bit version of PTE. My own personal reason is because it will make rendering HD video much easier and faster. But even for .exe files if the .exe is very large it will not run smoothly as a 32-bit application even on a very powerful PC.

Potwnc

Thanks for your reply I was pretty certain that it would not run as a native 64bit, but was unwilling to contradict Barry until I had tried it out.

Barry

Using a 64bit version which has the ability to access more more than 3gb of ram would make a diference in speed when creating the show and you want to use special effects etc.

Of course if you have a relatively low spec 32bit computer system the above is rather irrelevant.

Regards

John

PicturesToExe almost never exceds 2 GB limit of system memory. Even for very hard slides memory usage is about 400-700 MB.

For encoding video we run two processes (PicturesToExe and VideoBuilder) and both can use 2Gb+2GB of memory.

Igor, my main concern is that the 64-bit version of Sony Vegas Pro cannot open the avi file produced by 32-bit PTE - which for me means I can't have a 64-bit workflow and I have to use the slower 32-bit version of Sony Vegas Pro. All the other software I use now has a 64-bit version except PTE.

• 2 months later...

Igor, my main concern is that the 64-bit version of Sony Vegas Pro cannot open the avi file produced by 32-bit PTE - which for me means I can't have a 64-bit workflow and I have to use the slower 32-bit version of Sony Vegas Pro. All the other software I use now has a 64-bit version except PTE.

Haven't you tried to convert PTE video output to another format, usable in Sony Vegas Pro? There are many video converters available.