WnSoft Forums

MELLOW DAYS

Lakelandlass

Maureen,

Beautiful scenery captured as only you can, with a perfect choice of music. Very relaxing and soothing! Thank you.

Happy New Year to you and yours. And like others, I look forward to new creations from you in 2011.

Bill

And what lovely image they are! Thank's Maureen, that was a wonderful gift for us to end the year with. Happy New Year to you and your family - in a paraphrase of the old Irish blessing:

May the photographic trails rise up to meet you.

May the wind be always at your back.

May the sun shine warm upon your face.

May the rains fall softly upon your flowers.

And until we some day meet, may God hold you in the hollow of his hand...

Best wishes,

Lin

Well Maureen, what do you make of that.

Praise indeed and not a word about the ..shhhh (you know what).

What makes this sequence work so well for me, is the atmosphere you have captured. If you have ever been to the lakes in any time but summer, this is the sort of sequence that transports you back, not just with the images. Its the atmpsphere which seems to invoke memories, the cold air, the smells etc. This is the time when the end result is far greater than the two parts. The A and the V

I think you should be banned from the lake district now though, give some other poor soles a chance :rolleyes:

Lovely sequence, Maureen. Beautiful scenery skilfully captured.

I too, would have liked an extra second or so to linger on some of the outstanding pictures.

I loved the music, so appropriate to the pictures.

Can you tell me where "Rachel's Song" came from? It is the type of music that enhances a sequence.

Thanks for sharing.

Boogie

Lovely sequence, Maureen. Beautiful scenery skilfully captured.

I too, would have liked an extra second or so to linger on some of the outstanding pictures.

I loved the music, so appropriate to the pictures.

Can you tell me where "Rachel's Song" came from? It is the type of music that enhances a sequence.

Thanks for sharing.

Boogie

First of all, a Very Happy New Year to everyone. Let's hope it does turn out to be a good one. Secondly, thanks to everyone who has commented. It is appreciated.

Boogie - The music is on a cd called 'Ascent' recorded by a then 13 years old ~Tyler Rix on soprano sax. I agree with the comment made by both yourself and Daniel Laugier that the pics are perhaps on a little too short a time whilst maybe the fades are too long. I have had another go, decreasing the transition times and I think it is better.

Barry - take your point about the Lakes - I just love the place and this sequence has been sitting on my PC for a while as I wasn't quite sure where I was going with it and to be honest, didn't have much motivation (sometimes it disappears!) However, I do have lots of pics taken on trips this year so maybe it's time I dug them out and had a go at something different. We can get a bit too cosy in our comfort zone, or at least, I can. (I think they have all despaired of me with regard to the Sshhh...)

Ken - off to Norway in a few weeks - once again doing the Coastal Voyage in the winter months! Hope to get lucky with the Northern Lights again although difficult to do satisfactorily from the top deck of a moving ship

Again, thanks all you guys who have downloaded, watched and commented. It is appreciated.

Maureen

Hi Maureen,

First of all i wish you and your family a happy new year.

I always look out for shows by akelandlass because i know i am about to see a great show, once again a beautiful show with great images of the Country i used to live in.

Thanks once again Maureen.

Rick

Hi Maureen,

Yet again a beautiful A/V with spot on music and of course exceptional photography. I think I am one of the despairing ones but I accept that you do not want KB control - but where else can we just see the photos and spend time looking at them? What about Picasa or Flickr or one of the many sharing sites? PLEASE!

Maureen -

Great photographic eye, great creative vision. The sequence was almost hypnotic, I didn't want it to end. :(

Excellent show indeed.

Greg

Hi Maureen,

Yet again a beautiful A/V with spot on music and of course exceptional photography. I think I am one of the despairing ones but I accept that you do not want KB control - but where else can we just see the photos and spend time looking at them? What about Picasa or Flickr or one of the many sharing sites? PLEASE!

Thanks to Rick, Mick and Greg for kind comments. It's nice to know you enjoyed.

Mick - the problem is time to keep up to date with websites. I did use one years ago before I changed to digital but it became a chore and I gradually let it go in favour of being 'out and about'. However, I have a friend who uses Picasa. I may just take a look and I'll let you know if/when I do. Best wishes for a Happy New Year.

Maureen

Maureen,

Happy New Year! Bravo on another success! Another appropriate title for the show might also have been "Moody" as the various slides seem to evoke a number of different moods. The music you chose is quite appropriate. I especially like the very first slide with the boats and the 5th one with the golden trees in the foreground and the rocky crags almost obscured by mist in the background. Definitely another keeper for me. Thanks again for sharing. And have a wonderful time on your northern coastal voyage. Can't wait to see slides from that one!

Another outstanding show Maureen! Stunning images put together in a simple, but highly effective way. The music was just spot-on as well. I would echo Barry's comments - I think you should be banned from the Lake District to leave something for the rest of us... :rolleyes: Another one to go into my "keepers" folder!

Malcolm

Another outstanding show Maureen! Stunning images put together in a simple, but highly effective way. The music was just spot-on as well. I would echo Barry's comments - I think you should be banned from the Lake District to leave something for the rest of us... :rolleyes: Another one to go into my "keepers" folder!

Malcolm

Thanks to both Mary and Malcolm and glad you enjoyed.

Maureen