Aginum

hello, :D

Test V7 : my slideshow "Jazz" with video clips in slides : 2, 8, 9 and 10

http://www.objectif-...os/mp4/jazz.htm

Charlie

Hi Jean-Charles,

Lin said "Wonderful implementation of masks, video and stills!! Bravo!!!!"

David P called it a "Brilliant correlation..."

In my case I only can say that I am smashed!!!

I have been away from this forum for some time but today I had a look in all past posts and new slideshows.

Subject of the day is new PTE version 7 with video, everybody is very excited and it really looks like a fabulous possibility.

You tried it in your slides 2,8,9 and 10 and I found it super!

But my point is not version 7 video.

My main point has to do with quality of your slideshows, that's why I am trully smashed!

I think (through your site and other details) that you are a Pro.

Good, much better indeed.

Because I feel lucky to have the possibility to learn a lot from you.

In fact, besides each one's pleasure to show to others each one's tricks, I think that all of us should learn something with others' work.

And here comes your work.

I found your site and your 20 slideshows.

I watched "Island - Les couleurs de la Terre" and "Niger - L'école du désert, école de la vie".

Next days I shall watch next 18.

Ok, these 2 I watched are true lessons of making slideshows! That's why I am so enthousiastic!

Yes. And "you have no right" to not show your slideshows in our PTE Forum. I think it's a must! Really!

In detail: "Les couleurs de la Terre" is all of it a perfect harmony.

No words to describe the quality of slides (in our Forum there are 2 or 3 members with great slide quality as well).

However, the way you build the show is, in my opinion, 100% perfect under all points of view.

I can not avoid laughing about usual theories about static slides, pans and zooms, and other great opinions on the subject.

This slideshow of yours is a lesson. Paragraph.

"L'école du désert, école de la vie"... another lesson! (for sure, I still have 18 more!)

Here you clearly show how to change the usual pack of slides (I am sorry to say, but it's true in 99% of the cases) into a very interesting slideshow, with a purpose, with a "story", with great sensitivity, after all, with everything necessary to full fill our own deep interest.

And this is different from watching a slideshow as it was a (bad) TV advert.

It prooves as well that a little bit of imagination is necessary for each one's creativity, but such imagination can be searched inside us, it's a question of beeing interested to find it and practice.

Your idea of making the little girl reading the letter to her mother, which supports all "action", is 100% original and at the same time adds to a better understanding of all problems of the region. Perfect.

Your final message, when those 2 faces fade out, is a great moment.

So, my best congratulations for all your work. I am sure it will really inspire me in the future.

But I really ask you: please, put your slideshows in the Forum, in the right section (New slideshows created), not here in PTE topic. I would ask how many of us watched it...? 2 or 3, so it seams.

As it is usual to say in this Forum: "Thank you for sharing". Now I am saying the same, not to be delicate, but because it was really worthwhile.

Please, upload all your 20!!!

Regards,

Jose

Brilliant!

You have used most of the features in PTE and your command of the new 'adding video' option is inspiring.

Please let us see more of your work in future because it is a lesson to us all!

Ron

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for the link to your "Jazz" show. This is the first example I have seen of the use of video within a slide show that demonstrates how video can be used tasefully to enhance the show without distracting from the message.

However on reading the other posts I was attracted to have a look at your other creations. Stunning! You have made me very envious of your talent and given me I hope inspiration for a visit I am planning to Tuscany in May. This will be my first visit, accompanied only by my camera. If I can get only a few images like yours I will be delighted. As for Venice and Burano, perhaps I will return there later in the year.

Thank you for sharing.

Regards

John

Charlie,

Thanks for replying and to your friend at Google for doing the hard work!!

I have made arrangements to fly from Edinburgh to Pisa and drive down to San Querico d'Orcia for a few nights then return via Bologna after about five nights. My wife and I will be back to Verona and the Dolomites in June and then perhaps Umbria in September! Over the past few years Italy has got under our skin (hope that translates!). We used to go to France frequently when the kids were young and still plan to go back - but the years are running out.

Regards

John

Vive la France