WnSoft Forums

Understanding Pan Z

davegee

The attached Photo Frame EXE is just an excercise in understanding better how the Pan Z function in 3D Parameters works.

Please forgive the "gaudy" colours - they are only there to prove that everything works as it should.

Now that I understand more about Pan Z the next version will be thinner and possibly have more bells and whistles.

I see it as a possible short Title Sequence and not as a means of displaying images for 30 minutes at a time!

DG

16:9 - 1920x1080 - 1MB - just two slides repeating until esc is pressed.

Photo Frame Mk2.zip

DAVE/LIN/IGOR

tried lin's got a avg threat warning - clicked allow -- brain not working did not do screen shot

avg specs

AVG 10.0.1375 - DB 1509/3649

SO UPDATED TO

AVG 10.0.1375 - DB 1509/3650

AND TRIED IT AGAIN IT WORKED OK

TRIED DAVE'S

GOT AVG WARNING DID SCREEN SHOT

post-16-0-43912000-1305951826_thumb.gifCLICKED ALLOW AND DAVE'S NOW RUNS

Ken,

Tried Lin's and did not get AVG warning. I'm up to date.

Lin,

We have all seen demo's of 3D objects where all sides are equal (cubes etc). My difficulty was grasping the relationship between objects where the sides are not equal (Corn Flakes Packets etc). I think I have it now. Having the cutout introduced new problems with "ordering" front to back.

You learn more from doing these things than examining other's efforts!

DG

Dave,

No problems running it on my system. I gather that you hit the problem of "object stack order". Unfortunately, our intellect is greater than PTE's (no disrespect to Igor and his team). When doing X-axis or Y-axis transformations, we can look at objects moving in a 3D domain and work out that, at a particular point in time, Object A will disappear behind Object B because of their virtual displacement along the "Z-axis". PTE knows only their relative order in the object stack and will always show them in that order, irrespective of their virtual "Z-axis" displacements.

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

You will note that in my example, the stack order issue is solved by a work-around.

To accomplish this, you simply "match" the PZR and 3D transform settings with a second slide but reverse the stack order (layer position). By then using a "quick, no transition" setting between slides, the motion or animation is seamless and the observer is never conscious of the fact that the slide has changed. This way stack order becomes a moot issue when creating the animation....

Best regards,

Lin

Dave,

No problems running it on my system. I gather that you hit the problem of "object stack order". Unfortunately, our intellect is greater than PTE's (no disrespect to Igor and his team). When doing X-axis or Y-axis transformations, we can look at objects moving in a 3D domain and work out that, at a particular point in time, Object A will disappear behind Object B because of their virtual displacement along the "Z-axis". PTE knows only their relative order in the object stack and will always show them in that order, irrespective of their virtual "Z-axis" displacements.

regards,

Peter

Hi Dave,

Right! The solution to the ordering issue is to create a duplicate slide with the stack order reversed and use a "quick, no transition" setting between slides.

Absolutely, experimentation and practical application are, by far, the best "teachers."

Best regards,

Lin

Ken,

Tried Lin's and did not get AVG warning. I'm up to date.

Lin,

We have all seen demo's of 3D objects where all sides are equal (cubes etc). My difficulty was grasping the relationship between objects where the sides are not equal (Corn Flakes Packets etc). I think I have it now. Having the cutout introduced new problems with "ordering" front to back.

You learn more from doing these things than examining other's efforts!

DG

...To accomplish this, you simply "match" the PZR and 3D transform settings with a second slide but reverse the stack order (layer position). By then using a "quick, no transition" setting between slides, the motion or animation is seamless and the observer is never conscious of the fact that the slide has changed...

Lin,

I learned that trick when doing my Rubik's Cube sequence. I also had to split some of the slides like that in order to resolve some issues surrounding "Show Front/Show Back". Ideally I would have liked the ability to change the "Show..." settings at a keyframe.

regards,

Peter

B)I changed my plans and downloaded both demos to the " WIN 7 COOLER"

BOTH RAN WITH NO PROBLEMS

avg db 1509/3651

marvelous colours on both shows tho i prefer Dave's - he gets the hats and jackets this time - sorry Lin - you have enough :rolleyes:

ken

Hi Peter,

It would be helpful if we could change layer position via keyframe, but not a huge issue, just a bit time consuming. Being able to copy and paste slides to the main list is a huge plus since the settings are also copied and only a quick Ctrl Pg Up or Ctrl Pg Dn is necessary to accomplish the mission.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

I learned that trick when doing my Rubik's Cube sequence. I also had to split some of the slides like that in order to resolve some issues surrounding "Show Front/Show Back". Ideally I would have liked the ability to change the "Show..." settings at a keyframe.

regards,

Peter

Hey Ken,

LOL - dang, if I had known we were competing, I would have replaced the landscape with a naked lady and labeled the demo "R" rated - HA!

Best regards,

Lin

B)I changed my plans and downloaded both demos to the " WIN 7 COOLER"

BOTH RAN WITH NO PROBLEMS

avg db 1509/3651

marvelous colours on both shows tho i prefer Dave's - he gets the hats and jackets this time - sorry Lin - you have enough :rolleyes:

ken

Hi Lin,

I know about that technique but didn't have to use it here.

There are two slides only and the quick transition is between the X axis 360 degree turn and the Y axis 360 degree turn. In other words:

NO TRICKERY!

Each 360 degree turn is carried out in its own slide without the need for re-ordering the objects.

DG

P.S. Everything you see in the demo can be done IN ONE SLIDE with keypoints needed only to change direction of spin etc.

However, when doing it all in one slide the "second" image would appear upside down.

Hi Dave,

No trickery is good!! Whatever it takes to "get er done" is what's important. There are usually several ways to "skin the cat," and for me that's what makes PTE so interesting.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

I know about that technique but didn't have to use it here.

There are two slides only and the quick transition is between the X axis 360 degree turn and the Y axis 360 degree turn. In other words:

NO TRICKERY!

Each 360 degree turn is carried out in its own slide without the need for re-ordering the objects.

DG

P.S. Everything you see in the demo can be done IN ONE SLIDE with keypoints needed only to change direction of spin etc.

DAVE/LIN/IGOR

tried lin's got a avg threat warning - clicked allow -- brain not working did not do screen shot

avg specs

AVG 10.0.1375 - DB 1509/3649

SO UPDATED TO

AVG 10.0.1375 - DB 1509/3650

AND TRIED IT AGAIN IT WORKED OK

TRIED DAVE'S

GOT AVG WARNING DID SCREEN SHOT

post-16-0-43912000-1305951826_thumb.gifCLICKED ALLOW AND DAVE'S NOW RUNS

Ken,

I just uploaded this file to www.virustotal.com online service which can check files using several dozens of different antiviruses. It found nothing. Please re-download the file again. Probably your AVG antivirus settings have the highest level of sensitivity?

Thanks Lin,

I have been trying to get a grip on the mathematical relationship between the Pan Z control and the elements it is being applied to.

I now see that the Pan Z parameter is a function of the PARENT in a Parent Child group. It's 100% value refers to the Width or Height of the Parent be it a Frame or another Object and that's an important thing to know when the object that you are building is not a perfect cube and has transparency as in the case of a photo frame. It is also important to SIZE a frame when starting something like this rather than accept a frame which is the same resolution as the project.

Thanks for the renderings which you sent in the PM - I will look into that! It wasn't what I was really setting out to achieve but it is the next logical step if I continue with the project.

DG