WnSoft Forums

Audacity to PtoE

daveat22

I am having problems transferring sound files from Audacity to PtoE.

I have a sound mix of six tracks and it plays fine in Audacity. I save it as a working file and then export it as a WAV file to my folder. I then import it from PtoE as 'add music' but I only get one of the six tracks playing in PtoE?

This is not my first AV I have completed several before this without any problem, but I am stuck at the moment, any ideas please?

I have tried the process on two separate editions of PtoE (6.5 and 7 beta) but they both have the same problem, so it is not PtoE.

Hello daveat22

Make sure all your wav files are 16bit @ 44100hz sampling rate before editing / mixing.

Ideally, the files then need to be combined to produce a single composite track. This process is known as 'mix down'.

When completed save your new wav file by invoking the 'Save As' option in your sound editor.

If you bypass the mix-down option or its not available, you can still add your wav files sequentially into PTE via the Project Options/ Music menu.

Fading between tracks can be achieved by utilizing the 'Crossfade' button and setting the duration time.

John.

... save your new wav file by invoking the 'Save As' option in your sound editor ...

The function "Save as" does not exist in Audacity. You can save audio projects, or you can export mixes of tracks, selections, or multiple tracks.

Regards,

Xaver

Guest Yachtsman1

In Audacity, it is normal to "save project as" then give it your own name & location when saving your compilation for for future work. I think where the confusion is coming from, you need to "export as" when you want a complete compilation. I use export as Mp3 as WAV files take up 10 times the space as MP3. The SS is Audacity 1.3

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-40801500-1307273812_thumb.jp

Where did you spring from.??? I said "UP TO"

Yachtsman1.

Although you may have meant to say "up to" (which also is not strictly true - it can be far more than this) your post says "WAV files take up 10 times the space as MP3"

I didn't "spring" from anywhere - I have been a member since 09 February 05 and browse the forum quite often. I am not trying to score points, but I do think what is posted should be accurate and not mislead other readers.

Thank you very much everyone for sorting out my problem, I have been poorly today so haven't had a chance to try it again, but I am sure that with all this advice it is going to work.

I did belligerently yesterday, keep Removing and Adding music until one time it did work, so I do have a working narration/music track, but clearly that is not satisfactory for the next one. So I will heed the advice offered and load the music properly for the next AV, which will be following very soon.

The one I have just finished is on the architect Pugin, so I could do with downloading it somehow to get criticism. Not sure how to do that?

Thanks once again, nice to know there is always help at hand.

dave

Guest Yachtsman1

You can download your file on 3 sites that I know about for free. Dropbox, Beechbrook & Mediafire, Mediafire is the one I use & can be found here http://www.mediafire.com/

They have a size limit per file, I can't remember what it is, but I have downloaded a 125MB file for free.

Yachtsman1.

I am going to do a colledge course this year, which is designed to ensure that no matter what anyone says on the forum, I will be able to find some offense in what was said. I feel sort of left out of things, I find I am not being offended as often as I would like. Its not fair that others can find offense at almost anything, but I can't. I want to have a stamp and a fume and toss my dummy out the pram too.

:rolleyes:

Like it or not Barry, I'm afraid that we all have the facility you speak of.

It is just triggered more easily in some than in others.

:):rolleyes:;)B)

DG

P.S. This post contains NO mallicious content and has been screened by the necessary body (PHIL).

Like it or not Barry, I'm afraid that we all have the facility you speak of

No we don't !

It doesn't take a great deal of a brain power to work out that a quick sentance written on the fly in an email or a forum is not the same as a detailed letter. I have become involved in another forum recently and it contains none of the nonsense you see here, despite many people commenting on many other peoples pictures.

So, it doesn't have to be like this at all , but then one thing I have learned in my life is that some people are not happy unless they have something to whinge about.

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric

You downloaded a 125MB file !!!!!!

I am proud of you, see it didn't hurt much did it :blink:

Hi Barry

I wondered when you'd jump on. I'm afraid my terminology was at fault, download should have read upload. There is no way I would download 125mb unless I was certain of the content, my 125mb up-load was my epic 1 hour charity show about 18 months back. As my photography time has reached an all time low finishing the van, I won't be doing that in a hurry. In case anyone is interested the van is in its final stage & we are off Friday to sample the delights of the Fylde coast & North Wales for a few days. Will post a link to the pics in my off topic post "Trafic Black Spot". :P

Yachtsman1.