WnSoft Forums

PTE Forum

Barry Beckham

For some days now I have noticed a slowness for the PTE forum pages to change, particulalrly when I click the view new content button and go backwards and forwards to read the threads.

Sometimes its quicker to close the browser, relaunch and go back to the forum, then the new content button, than it is to wait. Other forums work OK

Has anyone alse noticed anything similar?

Ken

This is different I think, we all experience an intermittant slowness on many pages, but at times the page just hangs this has been the same for over a week now. I just tried deleteing all my internet cookies and files for a fresh start, but just to get back to this thread I had to close the forum once and reopen it ?:blink:

Hi All,

Yes this also true in Ireland ~ Forum-Pages are very slow to open and most times

I have to Log-off and Log-on again and thereafter things seem to work O.K although

when browsing the site one or two pages are like 'Snail-Mail' when opening.

Cause

This is not a traffic problem but it certainly has all the hallmarks of a 'rogue'

Phishing-Utility which is clearly identified as such with "MS-Security Essentials".

Next time it happens look at the 'tiny' green/yellow Icon in the Taskbar, if it is

rotating the MS-Phishing Filter has been activated and that takes time to

scan any Phishing-Utility.

If you want to "chance-it" go to Tools on RH/top of the Page ~ Left-Clk Tool button

and from the drop-down Menu select -->Phishing-Filter,then -->Turn-off Auto Web Check.

Now your page will open ~ but at your own risk !!!

Hope this helps,

Brian.(Conflow)