WnSoft Forums

Circle geometric primitive

It would be great if PTE had a circle geometric primitive. I can simulate a circle by rotating object rotated 1 degree, then copying object, and pasting 180 times. It is a very accurate circle but PTE must rotate 180 objects to create. Zoom effect slower due to large number of objects that must be scaled and transformed instead of 1 object. Other method might be with use of circular mask but it would still be nice to have a simple circle object with lower computing requirements.

Test circle created by rectangle rotation.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi DG,

Not sure where you see a bear and butterfly. I probably should have used a simple gradient background instead of windows wallpaper.

I think a PTE generated circle would be easier to change the color and also scale up/down with less noticeable jagged edges. I guess if I set the external editor it would not take too long but still not as simple as a PTE circle object.

Also maybe you know how I could make an ellipse instead of circle by rotating an object in PTE? I was just wondering if it is possible? I thought by rotation off center it would create an ellipse but no luck so far.smile.gif

Thanks,

Tom

It would be great if PTE had a circle geometric primitive.

We already have this option :rolleyes:/>/>

Just use a circular Mask with a hard edge.

You can then insert any image, change colour (with a rectangle), zoom, change opacity etc.

Also easy to change to an elispe by dragging the edges of the Mask Circle

All very easy.

Jill

RotateMask_Nov25-2012_21-06-24.zip

Because it doesn't work - I have removed it.

DG

Hi DG,

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to download and view before you removed it. I always learn something from your demo slideshows.

I don't know why I didn't think of a frame to make the ellipse. It was early in the morning and before my first cup of Starbucks coffee.smile.gif

The screen aspect ratio is critical if you want to create a perfect circle, but it is another method to create an ellipse.smile.gif

During my circle testing I think I found a 60 fps encoding bug in 7.5 that I will post in the main forum.

Thanks,

Tom

We already have this option rolleyes.gif/>/>

You can then insert any image, change colour (with a rectangle), zoom, change opacity etc.

All very easy.

Jill

RotateMask_Nov25-2012_21-06-24.zip

Very nice Jill. That is a very good demo. I was hoping to avoid using a mask since it might be nice to have many circles on the screen at one time and then apply a blur (PTE 7.6 high on wish list) like a bokeh effect. Maybe there is not such a performance hit as I think there is for masks.

Thanks,

Tom

We already have this option :rolleyes:

All very easy.

Yes, it's an easy and obvious construction, but it isn't really the same (beside performance aspects). The circle based on a mask cannot be placed into a mask container, and that's the place where I like circles to be :angry:

Regards,

Xaver

Might as well include other part of this request before I forget - circular gradient. Not much use having a circle if you can't make it appear to have depth.

Thanks,

Tom