WnSoft Forums

In My Cabin

Lin Evans

Hi Lin,

I really enjoyed this thanks.

One thing though. I don't know what it is with me and fireplaces. Must have been deprived as a kid because we never had one :lol:/>.

I kept gravitating back to it and knew something was different about it. I called Peggy over (my wife) to watch the show again and she caught it from the get go.

Did you sync the flames and/or reflections to the music? If so, then all I have to say about that is WOW!!! Wish I knew how you did that. Real cool effect. If you did not and I am seeing things then disregard the previous and I will go and lay down for awhile. :blink:/>

One other thing. The image of the wolf over the fireplace is really super. We had a breed of dog for many years that is often mistaken for a wolf (Belgian Sheep dog). We now have Belgian Tervurens.

One more thing. The picture hanging on the wall to the left of the fireplace is one that you took. Right?

Steven

Hi Steven,

Thanks!

The apparent synchronization of the flames with the music is serendipitous, but it does work out that way.

Both the moonlight image of the wolf (actually it's a coyote) over the fireplace and the one from Monument Valley on the wall to the left of the fireplace are photos which I took last month.

Best regards,

Lin

Wow! That is some pickin' Loved the performance, and the SHOW!

Thats is some awesome cabin you have there. We live in the Canadian Shield and a similar design facing the lake. You gave me an idea on how reduce steps bringing the firewood! But it gets a little chillier here at Latitude 50 degrees, and a firewood door might be hard to insulate...

The eagle flying by was a treat. We have them here too, but I can't say I have ever seen them fly by my window like that.

Thanks for sharing! Now I have to go watch it again!

Dick

Hi Dick,

Thanks!

I only wish it were not just mine in my imagination! LOL. I've watched bald eagles fly past the window when I was visiting in Homer, Alaska in the early 80's where there were unusually large flocks of them primarily due to feeding and conditioning by Jean Keene. I've heard that since Jean passed away, the town of Homer has passed a law against feeding eagles, and that the large flocks are not as common as they once were. We don't have nearly as many here in Colorado and they usually keep their distance from populated areas, however I have friends who lived on a lake where they congregate, and they have had them actually perch on their deck posts several times. I suppose habituation to humans happen when their normal timidity is overcome by easy fishing in a lake full of tasty and accessible fish.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Robert,

Thanks!

It's always fun playing around with the possibilities in PTE. Tommy is some picker, for sure. I did use a combination of masking and 3D transform to get the video perspective correct on the television.

Best regards,

Lin

Masterful Lin! Ambiance as we like it. Amazing how such hot guitar can be relaxing - must be the fire providing a calming balance. I've never used the 3D facility of PTE. I expect that is how you have made the TV performance so realistic?

HI,

Thanks! I wish I really had a real cabin like this one - It would be fun to watch the snow falling out that wonderful window. Actually it's snowing right now outside my own window - I just returned from four days in New Mexico and got in just ahead of the storm. One of the few good things about living in snow country is that you get lots of chances to observe it and try to make it realistic on PTE to match one's observations.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin, what a cabin! I would have liked to see you in a armchair watching the TV !

The snow is very realistic !

Hi Dave,

LOL - Thanks! Arthur probably would be scratching his head.

I one heard Jerry Reed describe his picking as "clawing." Yep, that would be "relaxing" HA! I think there is a video floating around on Youbube with Jerry playing with Chet. It's one of the few times I've actually hear Jerry tone it down a bit. He was a super talented guy for sure. It seems like we're losing lots of the great pickers lately.

Best regards,

Lin

Tommy Emanuel plays Arthur Smith - although I doubt that Arthur Smith would recognise it!!

Nicely done Lin - something more relaxing next time?

Some Jerry Reed perhaps?

DG

It was "The Claw" that I was thinking of! Very relaxing.B)/>.

There's LOTS of Jerry with and without Chet on YouTube that is worth watching even though the quality is not always good.

I reckon that Jerry was one of Tommy's main influences, along with Chet, Merle and host of others. Stealing off more than one is OK - imitating one picker is foolishness.

DG

• 4 months later...

Hi Lin....

I sure enjoyed this bit. And if this is really your cabin...well...I must not be doing something...anything...right. What a fantastic place. Really liked the digital pics and the eagle. How nice of him or her to

fly by on cue. And the fella with the guitar wasn't too bad either. I have been watching a few of your shows recently. I finally got a faster internet connection and can download like mad...and I have had a blast.

Enjoyed your Bryce show too. How was that trip for you and your 4 legged pal? What car or truck do you use? More questions will come your way when I view your shows again with Karen. Where in Colorado do you live?

OK...I sound like a detective...my dad was a detective after he retired from the FBI so maybe I come by the questions honestly.

Hope you are doing well. Me and Sammy loved your Bryce show and I think she was very jealous of your cabin in the high country. She has been letting me know she doesn't like the desert all that much.

Your Fan,

Jeff Lunt

Hey Jeff,

The cabin is mine, in my dreams - LOL. I'll tell you it takes a lot of fish to train a pet eagle to fly by on cue! They don't like flying in snow either - HA! It's great to have a faster connection. I wish one were available here. Mine is not nearly as fast as cable like Comcast, but it's better than dial-up - just a fairly slow DSL.

Bryce was a great time but Honey, the old lady (she's about 11 now) and I froze our butts off at the Bryce Canyon Campground. We didn't take the toy hauler - just a tent and we had to share the campground with a Cougar the first night. Stayed up until about 2:00 am with my camera trying to get a shot, but she was too stealthy. We took my little Subaru WRX to save money on fuel. It worked out pretty well except for the cold temperatures.

I live between Longmont and Loveland in northern Colorado in a little town called Berthoud. We used to have a pretty good sized ranch about eight miles from here but lost it to foreclosure just before Sherry (my late wife) passed away, so the dogs and I moved into a little house at the edge of town. My old pit dog passed away too so now it's just me and my last dog Honey.

Sammy would probably love it here, it's still nice and cool. This year we can't seem to get spring to happen. We just had another storm and super cold weather - dropped another four inches of snow on us day before yesterday, but today it was warm and sunny. We've had 27 inches in the last 9 days so I would love to see spring happen pretty soon - LOL.

Hopefully, I'll get a chance to take another trip to New Mexico later in the summer - I have a friend who is really anxious to make the trip and she's been dropping hints so I guess I'll have to consider it if I can afford the fuel....

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Eric,

I'm going to try doing that one of these days - it would be fun to really have a place like that - Hey, we can all dream!! We get so much snow here where I live that I get a lot of practice trying to make it look real LOL

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin, what a cabin! I would have liked to see you in a armchair watching the TV !

The snow is very realistic !

Hi Lin:

I have tried three times to download the AV.

Doesn't seem to want to cross the US/Canada border :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It hangs up and just sits there after slowly downloading about half the file.

Any thoughts?

Thx

Jim

Hi Jim,

Hard to say what the problem might be so I uploaded it to MediaFire for you. You will need this password to play it after downloading "tommyeee" The name of the file is tom.zip....

Here's the link:

My link

Best regards,

Lin

Thx Lin

downloaded in about 7 seconds

I copy and pasted the password, but it didn't accept it....

Try this again - no capital letters, all lower case - tommyeee

I just tested it and it works for me...

Best regards,

Lin

no go

Tried copy-paste three times, and straight typing 3 times

Guess I will have to give it a pass darn it

no go

Tried copy-paste three times, and straight typing 3 times

Guess I will have to give it a pass darn it

Lin:

Retried it from your website and it came through this time (in splutters but it's here)

Hi Jim,

I'm glad it finally came through! Not sure what the problem was but the very "quick" download from Mediafire may have not been a good one.. it "should" have worked with the password. There are lots of issues with web downloads which we have little control over with so many intermediary connects, etc.

Best regards,

Lin