WnSoft Forums

Wave Form Does Not Show Up? [SOLVED]

goddi

Greetings,

I noticed a bit of a strange thing that happens when I open an old pte file in the 7.5.1 version. The wave form does not display the mp3s.

I have 2 MP3 music files associated with this old pte show. I just happened to open this old show in 7.5.1. When I play the show, the music plays but their wave forms do not show up in the Timeline. So, I clicked on Project Options/Audio/OK (without doing anything else). Then the 2 MP3s were displayed in the Timeline.

Is this a normal thing or is this a 'bug'. I would expect the MP3s to automatically show up in the Timeline when I open any pte file in 7.5.1.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but here is the data from the old pte's version info:

CreationTool=PicturesToExe

Deluxe 7.06

PteVersion=7.06

globalversion=1

minorversion=17

Thanks... Gary

Gary

If you have Audacity on your computer, try taking one of those tracks into Audacity and re-saving it as a new Mp3, then slot it into that slide show. See if that clears the log jam. That may tell if it is a bug or one of those annoying sound issues we see from time to time caused by the Mp3 itself

Gary

If you have Audacity on your computer, try taking one of those tracks into Audacity and re-saving it as a new Mp3, then slot it into that slide show. See if that clears the log jam. That may tell if it is a bug or one of those annoying sound issues we see from time to time caused by the Mp3 itself

====================================

That was a good idea. But before I dumped the current files and inserted the re-saved audio files from Audacity, I tried something else. I dumped the current audio files and then just re-inserted the same MP3 files. The current audio files showed up in the wave form (7.5.1). So, it would not prove anything if the re-saved audio files showed up. It must be something in the old version of PTE that does not carry over to the new version too well (?). I guess it is not a big problem and I'll not worry about it since it can be overcome easily.

Thanks... Gary

Gary,

If you have original not modified .pte project files, please can you send me them with other files? It seems to be a bug.

=========================

Greetings Igor,

I just sent you a PM with a link to MediaFire with the .pte project files.

Thanks for looking into it... Gary

Thanks, Gary!

Regrettably it's re-saved project in v7.5 and it doesn't have any audio file.

Can you please find original project file and include the audio file?

===============================

Igor,

Yes, I see I clicked on the wrong file. Sorry. I sent you a PM with the link to the correct PTE project.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Gary

Gary,

This problem is solved now in v7.5.2 today.

==================================

Igor,

Yes, I opened the old PTE project in 7.5.2 and the wave form showed up as expected. Thanks.

However, today when I installed the 7.5.2, I got the attached error message. I hit 'retry' and it went away and it seems to be working OK. I had already updated my PTE a few days ago with the 7.5.2 when it became available and got a similar message but I thought it was just something that happened with my PC. However, today I re-installed it just to be sure I got the lastest version and got the same message.

Gary

post-1794-0-51466600-1355755450_thumb.jp

I think the problem in Windows 7 or antivirus software.

=======================

Igor,

It could be. But, I have the same set-up (Win7) and antivirus (MSE) as during all previous installations of PTE versions.

This error message has only occured with the install of 7.5.2. I will keep you posted if I find anything.

Later: Just as a test, I just re-installed 7.5.2 over the 7.5.2 that gave the error message and I did NOT get any error message. Good.

I then completely uninstall 7.5.2 and re-installed it. NO error message.

So it must have been something on my PC that caused the hic-up. Good.

Sorry for the scare.

Gary