WnSoft Forums

Bug Report - Scale Key Frames

davegee

Igor,

The following test is repeatable on both my Vista and W7 PCs in V7.0.7 and V7.5.3 and results in the anomaly seen below.

Open a NEW PROJECT.

Set KFSD on and Slide Duration and Transition Time to 8 seconds and 2 seconds respectively.

Add 3 Blank Slides.

Open Slide 2 (or 1) in O&A and add an object.

Set KFs at 2 second intervals i.e 6, 8 10, 12 and 14 seconds.

Go to Customize Slide.

Tick Scale KFs and adjust Slide Duration to 16 seconds.

The result is shown below. The penultimate slide is not Scaled?

Either my understanding of Scale Key Frames is flawed or there is a Bug / Logic Problem there somewhere??

post-2488-0-02362300-1358168861_thumb.jp

DG

Igor,

The following test is repeatable on both my Vista and W7 PCs in V7.0.7 and V7.5.3 and results in the anomaly seen below....

Either my understanding of Scale Key Frames is flawed or there is a Bug / Logic Problem there somewhere??...

DG

======================

Dave,

I gave your steps a try and, yes, I got the same results as you did.

Gary

Dave,

Sorry I didnt back to you sooner. I have been able to duplicate your results using your steps.

I have noticed that this keypoint displacement is only relative to the keypoints located on/in the ending transition zone.

*Even older v6.04 exhibited this same behavior. So if its really a bug ... its an old one.

......I have noticed that this keypoint displacement is only relative to the keypoints located on/in the ending transition zone.......

Correct Stu,

The Scale Key Frames function works as expected whilst in KFSD and with no KFs in the Ending Transition (the exception to this is obviously a KF placed at the END of the Ending Transition).

Broadening the scope of this just a little, I am still unsure about the difference between KFSD and Non-KFSD when using Scale KFs.

When you use KFSD the calculation for Scale KFs is being done on the Full Slide Duration.

When you use Non-KFSD and Scale KFs the calculation is STILL made on the Full Slide Duration. If a KF is placed at 25% of the Non-KFSD time in the Timeline then after an Adjustment you would expect it to still be at 25% of the NEW Non-KFSD Time.

This is not the case - after an adjustment the same KF is placed at 22.5% of the Non-KFSD time. In actual fact it is 20% of the pre-adjustment KFSD time.

This is totally illogical.

DG

Hi Igor,

I think that you have solved the problem for KFSD Mode.

But when using Scale Key Frames in Non-KFSD Mode the scaling still uses the Full Slide Duration (both transition times).

Are you saying that when Scale Key Frames is used it will always be Full Slide Duration (both transitions)??

DG

An additional problem is that it is also not locking keyframes at the end of the Transition & end of slide.

If you place a keyframe at the end of the incoming transition it is locked by the + sign on the keyframe.

So when you extend the transition from say 2secs to 3 secs the keyframe moves to the new time of 3secs.

This also applies to the end of the slide.

So original transition 2secs & slide duration 8secs (KFSD NOT ticked)

Place keyframe at start - 0secs, end of transition - 2secs, middle - 4secs & 6 secs, and end - 8secs.

Keyframes at 0, 2 & 8 are locked by the + sign.

Change Transition to 3secs (scale not checked) keyframe moves to 3secs.

Change slide duration to 10secs last keyframe moves to 10secs.

But when Scale is checked these two keyframes do not keep their locked positions.

Also it does still appear to be using the Full slide duration ie KFSD checked (which I never ever use! :)/> )

I feel that it should only be the keyframes in the middle of the slide ie 4secs & 6sces that should be scaled & it should be using the actual duration of the slide NOT full duration.

So if time increased from 8 to 16 secs, then keyframes at 0 & 2 secs should remain.

Keyframes at 4 & 6 secs should move to 8 & 12 secs & keyframe originally at 8secs should move to 16secs.

Jill

Jill,

There is merit in what you suggest.

Obviously none of us have used the Scale Key Frames too much in the past or we would all have spotted the anomalies before now and reported them. My excuse is that I never use Non-KFSD so it would have behaved as expectedcool.gif/>

It seems like a good time for Igor to rethink this feature.

The other side of the coin is that some will want to Scale ALL Key Frames while others (like you) will want the KFs at the beginnings and ends of transitions to be locked.

Interesting!

DG

I don't think I have ever used the scale keyframes function, otherwise I think I would have noticed this problem.

I have checked back to version 5 which is when keyframes were first introduced & it behaved then as now.

The reason I suggest that only the middle keyframes move is that there must be a reason why they lock onto the 3 points - start, end of transition & end of slide. Adjusting transition & duration of the slide & the keyframes still remain locked to these points when scale is not checked.

If we could group keframes & move them as a block it would make life so much easier.

So maybe a method of selecting the keyframes you want to be scaled would be the best option if this is possible.

Jill

Hi Jill,

That's why I made this suggestion:

http://www.picturest...lute-keyframes/

....but after 248 views there was still no support - not one reply!

DG

Must have missed that one somehow!

I can see what you are saying and it could be very useful.

But maybe simpler for Igor to program could be just to allow multiple selection as with slides.

CTRL click to select multiple individual keyframes & Click on first then Shift Click on last to select an adjacent group.

It is a standard windows function & really would make life so much easier.

I have a sequence with some very complicated keyframes, in groups and I need to shorten the overall time.

I am dreading trying to do it as it will take forever to move all the individual keyframes on all the objects!! :(/>

Being able to select groups & move them as a block is something that is essential in my opinion.

Adding this reply to your original post as well as here.

Jill

248 people have read it and either not understood or disagreed!!

I agree with your requirement as long as the full selection procedures are available Shift and Control to select contiguous and non-contiguous KFs.

I was doing something at the time which would have benefitted from what I suggested.

I think (for some reason) selection as you suggest would not have worked. I'll try to remember.

DG