WnSoft Forums

WALKING ON LA PALMA

A sequence of images taken during a walking holiday by my two sons early February this year on the island of La Palma, one of the Canary Islands, primarily to walk the 'Route of the Volcanoes.

The final few slides were taken in the capital of Santa Cruz at the end of the trip.

Both PC and MAC versions available.

On www.beechbrook.com/pte hosted again by Bill Hines, (and with grateful thanks for your patience, Bill).

Maureen

Ridiculously beautiful Maureen !!!! One of my all time favorites. Just superb all around. Camera's simply cannot capture what you have presented here. Outstanding. I want in your next photography workshop.:)/> Please tell Mark that he, like yourself, is an outstanding photographer. WOW. Such talent.

Regards,

Bill

Guest Yachtsman1

Definately a keeper Maureen, & with your permission I will include it in Stirling Court's Autumn AV show.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

PS South Pacific won the residents poll for this months "Night at the Theatre".

Definately a keeper Maureen, & with your permission I will include it in Stirling Court's Autumn AV show.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

PS South Pacific won the residents poll for this months "Night at the Theatre".

Feel free, Eric. Hope they enjoy.

Good to hear your South Pacific was a success.

Maureen

Maureen -

Great show - Awesome sharpness!! What camera & lens are you using?

Greg

Outstanding! I've been watching for more of your productions. I collect them in a folder and replay them when stress levels are starting to screw up my day!

Thanks for sharing.

Dick

Dick - that's a really nice thing to say. Thank you (but watch those stress levels).

Maureen

Very nice presentation.

Composition of the pictures, sharpness, etc ...

Compilation without trics but I like it : keep it simple !!

Philippe Belgium

Hi Philippe

Thank you for your comments and pleased you enjoyed the show. I, too, prefer to keep it simple.

Maureen

Hi Maureen,

What a great AV. Mark’s photography is excellent and, being mainly above the clouds, is unusual for the Platt family.

I thought it was expertly produced with wonderfully atmospheric music. I liked the addition of people to give it scale.

Very minor points - would like to have seen a caption showing the name of the town and “hide the mouse cursor” during show.

Keep up the good work!

Regards, Roger

Hi Maureen what an inspiring AV.Excellent pictures and a well crafted slideshows. A couple of questions if I may please. Are the pictures shot in Raw, and what post processing software do you use?

Thanks

Regards

Geoff

Hi Maureen what an inspiring AV.Excellent pictures and a well crafted slideshows. A couple of questions if I may please. Are the pictures shot in Raw, and what post processing software do you use?

Thanks

Regards

Geoff

Hi Geoff

Thanks for your comments and yes, the pictures are shot in Raw and processed in Adobe Camera Raw and Photoshop.

Maureen

Hi Maureen,

What a great AV. Mark’s photography is excellent and, being mainly above the clouds, is unusual for the Platt family.

I thought it was expertly produced with wonderfully atmospheric music. I liked the addition of people to give it scale.

Very minor points - would like to have seen a caption showing the name of the town and “hide the mouse cursor” during show.

Keep up the good work!

Regards, Roger

Hi Roger

Thank you for your kind comments and I am pleased you enjoyed the show.

It is also unusual for anyone in the Platts family to go somewhere warm!! As for the mouse cursor, I have now sorted but thanks for letting me know.

Maureen

Hello Maureen, I just watched your presentation on my Mac. Thanks for making a Mac version!! Stunningly beautiful! You did an excellent job in form and function. Photographer is where the skill comes from but always interested which lens and camera used too. Bill

Hello Maureen, I just watched your presentation on my Mac. Thanks for making a Mac version!! Stunningly beautiful! You did an excellent job in form and function. Photographer is where the skill comes from but always interested which lens and camera used too. Bill

Thanks, Bill. When I recently acquired the ability to create shows for MACs, I did a few shows. Have to go away for a few days but will send you the links when I get back.

Maureen

You captured not only spectacular beauty, but a sense or feel of the place. I am so fascinated by the islands, I had to research them and now I want to go there! Do you have to be able to speak Spanish? My Spanish is about 2-3 year old level :(/>

Hi Judy. Thank you for your comments and pleased you enjoyed the show. The islands are very interesting and different. I have been to the islands several times and my Spanish is limited to 'Hola' and 'gracias'. Certainly in the touristy areas there's no problem.

Maureen

... the pictures are shot in Raw and processed in Adobe Camera Raw and Photoshop ...

My non-authoritative remark:

There is no doubt that this answer is true, but I have the impression that you are mocking a little bit on us!? I like your images (much more that your sequences), and these images look heavily processed without being over-processed, quite a good work. But just referring to Photoshop does not provide any substantial information.

Regards,

Xaver

My non-authoritative remark:

There is no doubt that this answer is true, but I have the impression that you are mocking a little bit on us!? I like your images (much more that your sequences), and these images look heavily processed without being over-processed, quite a good work. But just referring to Photoshop does not provide any substantial information.

Regards,

Xaver

Just how much information would you like, Xaver? The Raw converter used was ACR, then tweaked, resized and sharpened in Photoshop.

I'm sorry that you don't like my sequences. Perhaps you could put up some of yours from which I may learn to improve. I seem to recall the last one wasn't half bad.

Very best wishes

Maureen

Guest Yachtsman1

Just how much information would you like, Xaver? The Raw converter used was ACR, then tweaked, resized and sharpened in Photoshop.

I'm sorry that you don't like my sequences. Perhaps you could put up some of yours from which I may learn to improve. I seem to recall the last one wasn't half bad.

Very best wishes

Maureen

Hear Hear, users who don't publish shouldn't critisise others who do. Never seen any of your stuff Xaver!!!

Yachtsman1.