WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.20 beta #7

Igor

PicturesToExe v4.20 beta #7 is released

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip (1,4 Mb)

What's new in beta #7:

• Added "Start first transition effect from desktop" option (Project options | Screen tab)

• Improved speed of the new Mosaic effect. Also with "Smoothness:" parameter as 100 and "Parts:" 26 x 20 it works exactly as "Hot blocks" effect in previous versions of PicturesToExe.

• Fade effect works on 20%-50% more smoothly now.

• Fixed rare bug of v4.10-v4.14 when "Print slide" feature didn't work.

P.S. What is your opinion concerning "Start first transition effect from desktop" option? Does it look correctly and will it give a good impression in case of careful using of this option? And please use this option in beta #7 only for tests, because I didn't test it yet, how it compatible with multi-displays configuration.

P.S. What is your opinion concerning "Start first transition effect from desktop" option? Does it look correctly and will it give a good impression in case of careful using of this option? And please use this option in beta #7 only for tests, because I didn't test it yet, how it compatible with multi-displays configuration.

It works absolutely fine when my first slide has a fade in/out effect but for all the other effects the behaviour is the same as if I choose a slide duration shorter then the effect duration (stuttering slide !).

This "Start first transition effect from desktop" possibility (concerning fade in and out) is very very interesting and gives the starting of the slideshow a very surprising and innovative effect.

Patrick

Strasbourg, France

Win XP

Pentium II 1GHZ

512 Mo RAM

"Start first transition effect from desktop" option. Worked perfectly. Something I would not have thought of but a very useful option. It will have its place in some of my presentations. Thanks Igor.

Ron [uK]

Igor, I think there is still a problem that you will want to solve before release of final.

I think what I am finding in Beta 7 is what you have worked so diligently in testing last week, but maybe my latest testing today with Beta7 will help you pin down the problem. I am posting the "bug" here, so others may add possibly helpful clues.

Using only Beta#7, I have created a 5 slide show. Jpg files are mostly 150k, with one slide 600k. Mp3 file is small, 46 seconds long.

I have made 8 variations of the project with the following results.

1. With all transitions checked, the Ulead Error (Movie Factory2) occurs prior to the actual DVD burn. (Just like we experienced in Beta 6.)

2. With transitions NOT enabled, the avi, DVD all works fine!

3. With only Advanced Hour Hand, gets the Ulead Error.

4. With only Fade, gets the Ulead Error.

5. With transitions "enabled", but none "checked", all works fine.!

6. With only Push, gets the Ulead Error.

7. With Circle to Out, gets the Ulead Error.

8. Ran again with all enabled, none checked, all works fine.!

So it seems there is definitely still something in your transition routines that conflicts in certain machine situations. Please let me/us know what we can test or try or do to help.

Thank you Michel. I think it can be helpful to Igor to know that very similar setups get different results. If other people are having similar problems, that might help Igor deduce a characteristic of machines/configurations etc. that the software does have a problem with. As you have read, some pte projects simply refuse to be encoded to avi/DVD when the transitions are added. Other pte projects (of mine) do just fine all the way to successful DVD. The thing that is interesting to Igor is that the problems I describe did not & do not occur in Beta#5. But the conflict is there in Beta 6 & 7. So, wish us luck. And be thankful your setup is outside the range of this particular conflict. :)

Don't think not that the problem can come from the various softwares in the PC ?

Don't think not that the problem can come from too many codecs in the PC ?

Don't think not that the problem can come from a bad configuration ?

I think many PC are as "dustbins" !!!!

LumenLux

Many thanks for your this and previous testings!

Try this new test, please:

http://www.wnsoft.com/beta/pre_beta8.zip

The ZIP archive contains three .exe files with different variants. Please make sure in number of version (A, B or C) when you will compare results. For this test use usual set of all effects together (Fade, Hour hand, etc).

If the problem won't appear, then compare with beta #6 where this problem always happens.

Michel

Video output area so difficult, because it's an interaction of PTE and DVD encoder (Ulead DMF2) and video codecs. So sure it can be our bug and just we need to debug this module properly once.

Igor:

Interesting effect with starting first transition from desktop.

But its applicability for me will be limited (at this point anyway), my screen res 1152x864 and my shows are 800x600 so there is quite a flutter as the first image comes on the screen - which is normally black.

Video output area so difficult, because it's an interaction of PTE and DVD encoder (Ulead DMF2) and video codecs. So sure it can be our bug and just we need to debug this module properly once.

I tested your betas A-B-C ("Cinque Terre") this morning with your parameters (all the effects).

No problem with the three versions...

I say that only for my PC !

But, if really it's a bug, I hope you find it, sure (sorry, my test perhaps cannot help you).

Michel, probably, but no plans while!

About one important improvement in beta #7

I forgotten to say that Fade effect works on 25%-50% more smoothly now.

Only on very old PCs (like Pentium 233 Mhz with S3 video card) it works not faster, but just EQUALLY as earlier.

In the next version (4.30) we will optimize Fade effect more.