WnSoft Forums

Newbie Question Please

GeoPic

Hello

I am totally new to P2E and have searched forums and help pages without being able to find an answer, please forgive me if its been asked before

When I use the mouse to alter the duration of a slide by dragging the edge of a slide to make it longer, it makes the slide immediately to its right shorter. What I want it to do is nudge all the other slides in the show up so they stay the same duration of each slide but the overall show gets longer.

Can you help me do this please

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the Forum.

Click& drag in the middle of the Thumbnail on the Timeline to move slides, then they will all adjust accordingly.

By dragging the edge of a slide you are just altering that one slide.

Hope this helps & you enjoy using PTE.

Jill

Hi Chris,

You are going about changing the duration in a most unusual way. Highlight the slide you wish to change the duration of in the slide list then click on the Customize slide button and then on the Main Tab, simply type in the duration time value you wish for that slide and click on "O.K." This will only affect this single slide and nothing else will be changed. Though there are other ways of changing the slide display time such as from the timeline, this way is foolproof.

Best regards,

Lin

Hello

I am totally new to P2E and have searched forums and help pages without being able to find an answer, please forgive me if its been asked before

When I use the mouse to alter the duration of a slide by dragging the edge of a slide to make it longer, it makes the slide immediately to its right shorter. What I want it to do is nudge all the other slides in the show up so they stay the same duration of each slide but the overall show gets longer.

Can you help me do this please

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

Click your mouse onto the thumbnail itself of the slide that you want to lengthen and all the images will move along together until the slide you want to lengthen is the correct time.

Hope that helps,

John

Hi Chris,

You are going about changing the duration in a most unusual way. Highlight the slide you wish to change the duration of in the slide list then click on the Customize slide button and then on the Main Tab, simply type in the duration time value you wish for that slide and click on "O.K." This will only affect this single slide and nothing else will be changed. Though there are other ways of changing the slide display time such as from the timeline, this way is foolproof.

Best regards,

Lin

Thank you so much too Lin I appreciate your help

Hi Lin,

Surely the easiest way is on the timeline as you can see exactly what is happening.

You can also simply change the number in the bottom right hand box on the slide in Slide View.

No need to go into Customise Slide at all.

But each to his own way of working.

Jill

Jill

I am over the moon with your reply - thank you so much for your help, and warm welcome

I promise to try harder

Thanks so much

Chris

Chris, once you get used to PTE you will find it extremely easy to use. And as you can see from the replies there is usually more than one way to do things!

Get into the habit of saving the project with a new name every time you get to a point you are happy with.

Then if something does go wrong you can always go back to a previous version & start again from that point.

Play around with a few sample projects first before trying to make something major.

You cannot do any harm, as you can always not save the project if you do make a real mess.

Everything you do on a slide or sound file in PTE is only a logical change, your original files are never altered.

Jill

Hi Jill,

Easy is a relative term, and yes, there are multiple ways to "skin a cat." By using the customize slide feature which may be obtained either by right clicking the slide or by clicking on the Customize Slide button, there is no chance of dragging in the wrong place or typing the value in the wrong place which is possible from either the timeline or the slide list. That's the reason I suggested a new user do it the foolproof way until he/she learns more about the program.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Surely the easiest way is on the timeline as you can see exactly what is happening.

You can also simply change the number in the bottom right hand box on the slide in Slide View.

No need to go into Customise Slide at all.

But each to his own way of working.

Jill

With the method Jill suggests, you can also use the mousewheel to change the value in the box.

I think I've just discovered a bug with the method of typing into the box.

Try changing the values for a few slides several times.

After a couple of changes PTE refuses to apply the changes any more (apart from on the last slide you changed?)

Regards

wideangle