WnSoft Forums

OAK in PTE?

MUR

Lin

Thanks, but the little in the screen grab tells me that I probably won't be interested in it. Sounds like it is something for those more into animation. One thought is that if it was that wonderful and relevant to most peoples needs, it would be all over the UK forum. I think I recall some reference to it a while back, but it certainly isn't top of the pops

Hi Barry,

One of the things many people have asked about for an extended period is the ability to move keypoints in concert for a specified distance on the timeline. Whether doing animations or precise matching of an object to the audio, some time's it's very useful to be able to move selected keyframes simultaneously. OAK allows this and is a valuable tool for doing precise control such as Charlie did in his show "Jazz." It's quite popular in France and the instructions in the form of a PDF are available in both French and English. It's something Igor is very interested in vis his comments when it was introduced. I doubt that you can assume because it's not widely used in the UK that it has little utillity for most. That's a pretty ethnocentric viewpoint. I would say the the reason it's not commonly known in the UK is because most UK users don't speak French and don't frequent the French PTE forums. It's very popular among our French PTE users. By the way, what's the "UK Forum?"

Best regards,

Lin

Yes, I do now recall something about that and I have wanted to move a batch of Key - Frames myself at times, but I have managed without Oak so far. I will wait until this is a part of PTE because it's not something I need very often. I suppose I do take a ethnocentric view, but it works for me.

There is another saying which says, Jack of all trades master of none. Amateur photographers often think they are missing something, so they have to dive into thousands of pre-sets, buy loads of filters and install many different programs and utilities on their computer, but here's the thing.

They don't have the brain power, or the time to do justice to any of them so now they are Jack of all trades, but master of none. Rather than enhancing what they do, all the add on's and extras do the opposite.

I take the other view and so far, its paying off :) Stay focused and produce something with quality and merit is my view. We see quite enough output from "experts" who have not even mastered the very basics of a slide show.