WnSoft Forums

Igor, Please Please add this.

boxig

Hi Igor,

It has been asked before :( so I'll ask again:

Can you please add the ability to add parameter in Run app ?

Can you please add the ability to run PTE show with parameters like:

Run("Show.exe","Slide2") ;)

Can you please add the ability to embed external app and use Run app ?

Thank you

Granot

Thanks for reminding me about option which will embedd external .exe files into one .exe file! I'll try to make it.

The second ability to run several differents apps could be added, without a problem, I think!

About separated parameter field.

Please give me example to see how it can be used. Usually I can specify parameters in the one RunApp field. E.g., notepad c:\todo.txt

Thanks Igor.

As for second parameter it will be nice if it can work both ways, example:

1) Access to a specific slide:

Run show.exe, [slide 5], or

Run("show.exe","Slide 5")

2) Access to external (or embedded) app:

Run("app.exe","Page 2")

Also to remind you a very needed feature:

Run app+go to page = This will enable to force users to run app if he wants to go to a specific slide. I'm sure you can see the possibilities of this feature.

Thank you

Granot

Another nice feature which would probably be relatively easy to add, would be the ability to shift-click a block of image transitions on the sync timeline and shift them forward or backward a second or so in the time line as a group. A friend pointed this out to me at a meeting last night; there are situations where one might want to have all of a group of transitions start slightly earlier or later, and being able to shift them on the timeline as a group would save the trouble of having to adjust each of them separately. I'm not a programmer but my friend is, and he thinks it would be relatively easy to program.

Ed:

I agree with you that it would be nice to shift a bunch of images together.

Until Igor comes up with an update on it, Alrobin's PTE ADJUSTOR (avaialable on the Beechbrook site) is the way to go.

Thanks for nice ideas!

I've added the idea with shifting of several points on time-line to my todo list, too.

p.s. I just tested PicturesToExe with future version of Windows, codename -"Longhorn" Alpha Preview for developers which is dated by October of 2003. This totally new future version of Windows is scheduled to be released at the beginning of 2006. The previous Windows XP was released at October of 2001 (2,5 years ago) as you know.

So following by results of the first tests PicturesToExe fully workable under Windows Longhorn, AVI video output works OK. I've tried 5-7 different slide-shows and they all worked fine. Of course, Longhorn is far away of its final state and Microsoft will add very innovative technologies during the next two years of development such as new 2D/3D interface (something like as in MacOS X and even much more powerful, as expected).

Igor,

In the meantime, in addition to a feature for making global changes as Ed suggested, could you please add a statistics table which would lay out all the main selected parameters for all slides in the show, along with total times, so one could see at a glance, in spreadsheet format, where possible conflicting timing selections might occur, and be able to make changes by merely changing a number in the table?

An "active" thumbnail table would be handy, too. This would set PTE far ahead of the competition as it would offer a proprietary light-table whose functions with functions tied in to the operation of the slide show itself.

With the addition of these features, I could retire my "Adjustor" model and turn to development of something else. B)

Have been on vacation, but just want to second info below.

thanks, Ed

Hi Igor,

It has been asked before so I'll ask again:

Can you please add the ability to add parameter in Run app ?

Can you please add the ability to run PTE show with parameters like:

Run("Show.exe","Slide2")

Can you please add the ability to embed external app and use Run app ?

Thank you

Granot

While you are looking at global adjustments and things. Can you consider the possability of copying and pasting attributes and/or applying a different 'user' set of attributes to a slide.

Another useful facility on the same lines would be to drag another file onto an exsisting slide and replace just the image while retaining the attributes and timing in a similar maner to After Effects. Very useful when updating a slide show.

Thanks

Mike