WnSoft Forums

List of Ideas: Explorer Access/ Delete Missing/ 1 Instance/ CTR key

1. Make a right click option on any slide at any location (PTE explorer or slide list or lightbox view) to go to Windows Explorer file location with file selected.

2. When there are missing slides/videos/music and a "missed images" dialog box pops up, provide an option to remove such files at that moment from the dialog box.

3. Only allow one instance of a specific PTE file to be opened at once--or provide a warning asking if more than one instance is desired. Many times I have inadvertently had more than one instance of the same file open and then saved an older version over the top of a new version, losing all my work.

4. Hot Key changes:

• CTR+U & CTR+B are very commonly used, but stretch my fingers too far for fast work and I sometimes miss. Change to CTR+ something nearby the CTR key.
  • Add a hotkey for slidestyle

5. Just like there is an arrow to move back and forth among slides in to O/A window, make a way to do the same thing from the slide options window.

6. In O/A window, allow simultaneous Properties/Common/Animation changes to multiple selected objects.

7. In O/A when adding a border, I would like to be able to click on "Width" or "Color" and "Enable border" would automatically be checked and Width/Color would be activated. There is not likely a case that I click on Width or Color and don't want something to actually happen.

8. Add Border to a frame.

9. [deleted]

10. CTR + Click slide opens O/A

Thanks,

jk

Hi Judy,

For 8 & 9. A "frame" is simply a rectangle with the opacity set to zero. If you change the opacity from zero you will be able to see the drop-shadow. Perhaps it is superfluous to have both, but it is a time saver to not have to set the opacity to zero so perhaps not.

On adding "a frame to a rectangle" you can do that - do you mean a border (picture frame) rather than the PTE "frame?"

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin. That explains the drop shadow. Sorry about my ferhoodled rectangle/frame terminology. That is the result of the silliness of writing at 11 PM!

I edited the list so that it makes more sense, hopefully, and took out the frame shadow point *9 because I was wrong.

Thanks!

jk

1. Make a right click option on any slide at any location (PTE explorer or slide list or lightbox view) to go to Windows Explorer file location with file selected.

2. When there are missing slides/videos/music and a "missed images" dialog box pops up, provide an option to remove such files at that moment from the dialog box.

3. Only allow one instance of a specific PTE file to be opened at once--or provide a warning asking if more than one instance is desired. Many times I have inadvertently had more than one instance of the same file open and then saved an older version over the top of a new version, losing all my work.

4. Hot Key changes:

• CTR+U & CTR+B are very commonly used, but stretch my fingers too far for fast work and I sometimes miss. Change to CTR+ something nearby the CTR key.
  • Add a hotkey for slidestyle

5. Just like there is an arrow to move back and forth among slides in to O/A window, make a way to do the same thing from the slide options window.

6. In O/A window, allow simultaneous Properties/Common/Animation changes to multiple selected objects.

7. In O/A when adding a border, I would like to be able to click on "Width" or "Color" and "Enable border" would automatically be checked and Width/Color would be activated. There is not likely a case that I click on Width or Color and don't want something to actually happen.

8. Add Border to a frame.

9. [deleted]

10. CTR + Click slide opens O/A

Thanks,

jk

Hi Judy,

I agree with you and support your proposal for points 1 - 2 - 6

Your points 5 - 8 I did not understand your need

Point 10, already you can open O/A by clicking on a slide : see Settings /Preferences/System/Double click in the slide list

Daniel

Hi Judy,

I agree with you and support your proposal for points 1 - 2 - 6

Your points 5 - 8 I did not understand your need

Point 10, already you can open O/A by clicking on a slide : see Settings /Preferences/System/Double click in the slide list

Daniel

I am traveling in remote parts for a while, and will try to answer better when I get back to "civilization."

Pt 10: it is true we can select one of 3 options for dbl click, but all three functions (slide options, O/A, & style) are very commonly used. Why only choose one? I suggest something like:

Dbl click slide (s) - open slide properties

Ctr+Dbl click slide(s) - open O/A

Alt +Dbl click slide(s) - open style

Pt 8:

We can add a border to an image (O/A, Properties, Adjust image and border). I have wanted to add a border to a frame or rectangle the same way. There are many ways to do the same thing, but sometimes this would be very convenient.

Oh you, DAve! You know what I meant! I must stop writing when I am so tired.

Actually Control.MouseDoubleClick is an event in several languages (C++, C#, VB, F# and ??) but that is not what I meant. So I have no defense left. Owell. How about just "fix it." Can I say that safely?

Maybe we could invent Control + Double+ Click and make a fortune!

Right now its possible to use <ALT>+<C> key combination to open the folder where the image is located. Its not a right-click option ... but it serves the same purpose.

5. Just like there is an arrow to move back and forth among slides in to O/A window, make a way to do the same thing from the slide options window

This option/feature already exists in Slide Options window. See attached image

post-45-0-32402100-1413327932_thumb.jpg

Right now its possible to use <ALT>+<C> key combination to open the folder where the image is located. Its not a right-click option ... but it serves the same purpose.

Thanks Stu,

Interesting, I did not know either (or I forgot it ) !

Something that Dave should add to his very useful Hotkeys list!

Daniel