WnSoft Forums

Product Key and Anti-Virus

Barry Beckham

Well, you CAN cut/copy and paste a new one but you can also type it in?

xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

If I copy and paste from my e-mail or archive of serial numbers I don't get any A-V problems.

A little more detail might help - is your contact trying to Cut/Copy and Paste from an email? The same person would (?) get problems cutting and pasting ANYTHING from anywhere to anywhere else under those circumstances. It is just text.

DG

We supply the key on the CD case for the customer to manually type in. The customer originally manually inserted the key and used an 1 instead of an I and that would have caused the first rejection. However, I then sent his key to him on an email and got him to copy and paste the key to avoid any operator error and he reported is was rejected.

I even tried a second key and he said that was rejected too, but if I use these keys they are accepted without a problem.

Given Igor's remarks above I am rather at a loss here. In my last contact I suggested the customer remove PTE and then do a clean install again as administrator and then copy and past his key. I am still awaiting his reply

I have looked at the key again to make sure nothing odd crept into the copy and paste and I have even sent him another copy of PTE electronically via the internet. I did this, just in case some write error on our disk is the cause, but I am clutching at straws now and I am not confident that this will help

This issue now appears resolved, but I can't say I am any wiser with regard to the cause

My last suggestion was to remove PicturesToExe from his PC and then re-install it. I suggested he did this as the administrator and then once it was re-installed the original product key be copied and pasted in.

The customer has told me that this has worked ?????????????????????