WnSoft Forums

Inserted blank slide does not include default text comment

PGA

Hi Igor,

I found this "bug" when preparing my little test sequence that I submitted in the discussion about Colour Management.

As always I started building with two Blank Slides (created using Alt+S). I then dropped the pair of images in and copied the pair (using Ctrl+click to select them both then Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V to paste the second pair). I then set the default Text comment to show the slide number and used the Apply to all slides button to get the default applied to all slides. So far everything was as expected.

I then decided that I wanted a third pair of slides, so I dragged the pair in from the File List. Again, everything was as expected. The new pair had the Text comment added automatically. Finally, I created an extra blank slide on which to place the text advice about the sequence being manually controlled. This slide did not have the Slide Number Text Comment added to it. I had to copy the Text Comment from Slide 1 onto Slide 2.

I realise that I asked for a blank slide and PTE gave me exactly that. However, if I have declared that I want a Text Comment to be added to every slide, I think PTE should add that even to a new Blank slide.

I added a blank slide at the start of a recent project and as usual it was automatically labelled Blank. Later I decided I didn't need it, so I used the "Change Image File" option and the blank slide was changed it to a jpg image, but the name in the slide list and time line remained as Blank. Using Change Image File anywhere else changes the file name correctly.

Looking at the changes in the Object and Animation screen, it retains the correct file name in the Objects box and the common tab

Its a small point and hardly relevant, but perhaps because I am of a certain age and still think of a blank as a slide, albeit a dark one that I expected the name to change. The project, that you might see soon, needs to have everything correctly named, but looking at what I completed. It does look like I neglected to do so.

It's only recently that I got out of the habit of creating my blanks in PS :rolleyes:

FWIW, and in reply to Igor, I think that applying a "Text Comment" to a blank slide is somewhat illogical.

90% of the Preset Text Comments would (normally) be derived from the exif of the non-existent Main Image.

On the other hand in the Special Case of the Slide Number or Slides Count there is a possible anomaly. If the Slide Numbering could be added independently of the Text Comment that might be an option? If a true "Text Comment" could be added independently of Exif based Text Commemts that also might be an option.

Again FWIW, adding a previously made "Blank Image" rather than a Blank Slide makes more sense (to me).

DG