WnSoft Forums

Upgrade of the forum software

Igor

Guest Yachtsman1

Ken, it may be the same version but it isn't acting the same, at least two of us are not receiving notification emails??? Also it isn't removing read posts.???

Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

The forum is still not operating as previously, in my case it is retaining items I have read despite ticking the "Mark Community Read" box. Now when I open the forum page it shows around 10 threads slightly greyed which I have read. This can hide new topics appearing later in the list.

Yachtsman1.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, stearman65 said:
20 hours ago, stearman65 said:

Gary

Have you the set screen shot to the post you want notifying of?

Eric

g1.jpg

Gary

Have you the set screen shot to the post you want notifying of?

Eric

Yes, I have it set like that.

Gary

No, I have not done this and never had. I don't see why this would have any effect on sending email notices of new postings. If after reading all new posts, and in Unread Content, it shows no more postings, as it should. I do get Notifications when I open the Forum, but only then. No emails notifications as I used to.

The other thing I do not like with this new Forum is that once you have read one of the new postings, it disappears from the list. Before, they would stay in the list until you left that site. If you wanted to go back to the posting you just read, you have to be sure you took note of which Forum it was in so you can find it again.

Gary

PS Just to be clear...I am getting 'Notifications' once I logon to the Forum. But I am not getting 'email notifications' as I used to get when there are new postings.

Guest Yachtsman1
38 minutes ago, goddi said:

No, I have not done this and never had. I don't see why this would have any effect on sending email notices of new postings. If after reading all new posts, and in Unread Content, it shows no more postings, as it should. I do get Notifications when I open the Forum, but only then. No emails notifications as I used to.

The other thing I do not like with this new Forum is that once you have read one of the new postings, it disappears from the list. Before, they would stay in the list until you left that site. If you wanted to go back to the posting you just read, you have to be sure you took note of which Forum it was in so you can find it again.

Gary

PS Just to be clear...I am getting 'Notifications' once I logon to the Forum. But I am not getting 'email notifications' as I used to get when there are new postings.

The reason I suggested this, maybe the forum thinks you still haven't read the new posts made, if you don't want to try it, that's up to you.

Eric

Yachtsman1.