WnSoft Forums

EXE FILE WITHOUT AUDIO & MISSING OBJECTS

orizaba

Working with PTE v 8.0.17 on Windows 7, I just finished a project 18 minutes long, 129 complex slides.

Project has 37 audio tracks, all mp3 files except 2 which are wav files (by mistake).

Project runs 100% perfect, MP4 file for PC runs 100% perfect

MP4 file for PC is 2,57 GB, zip file is 3,77 GB.

I made respective EXE file (3,89 GB) which has no audio at all, and lots of objects are missing along the show (JPG files, converted avi files, png files, etc..) although it runs smooth and perfect.

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks.

Jose

Thanks Igor.

Not possible, project is as it is, I can not split it.

Is this a limitation of what? I suspect because PTE is not yet 64-bit native, is that so? When will it be available?

By the way, I think you will like to know that I now use PTE as my only (and best!) movie editor! Better than Sony Vegas or Premiere! I use it for everything, including audio editing (that's why this project has 37 audio tracks). Speaking of audio tracks, it should be possible to "move file to top" instead of moving it to top one by one, very anoying!

I even use PTE for composing the labels to print on Blu-Ray discs I burn with projects.

This is really a very good software and I only regret it is not 64-bit native because I often have lots of "out of memory" problems.

Best Xmas wishes fror you and your team.

Jose

One wav file is 4.917 KB the other is 10.757 KB. Converting to MP3, EXE file still overpass a lot the allowed 2 GB Igor said.

I hope to receive some reply from Igor, I should like to know the cause of this limitation, mainly if it is the 32-bit native PTE.

Jose

How complex of an answer do you want?  I am no expert on such things but have mild interest.

The limiting factor is...complex.  

Start here: http://www.godevtool.com/GoasmHelp/64bits.htm   where you might happen across this which may be relevant:

The executable "image" (the code/data as loaded in memory) of a Win64 file is limited in size to 2GB. This is because the AMD64/EM64T processors use relative addressing for most instructions, and the relative address is kept in a dword. A dword is only capable of holding a relative value of ±2GB.

Keep your Executables smaller than 2 GB to be safe 

11 hours ago, orizaba said:

I made respective EXE file (3,89 GB) which has no audio at all, and lots of objects are missing along the show (JPG files, converted avi files, png files, etc..) although it runs smooth and perfect.

You stated you have converted AVI files in your project. If they are all of considerable file size ... exclude the AVI files from being included/embedded within the published  EXE . This option may possibly solve your file limit size issue.

A feature/option within PTE allows you not not include the video files in the final compilation. The option is available/selectable from O&A |video properties tab. The video files are linked externally to the published  EXE. Just distribute the externally linked video files relative to the published EXE for your  users

*See Attachment

use_video_external.jpg

Thanks Nobeefstu, yes, this could be the way, but not very practical indeed, I will try it one of these days. How our users would link the received EXE file with respective "missing" video files sent separate?

Thanks JudyKay, I saw the link and your note. As I can understand, even in case PTE was a 64-bit native software, EXE file could not be larger than 2 GB because this is a limitation of AMD64/EM64T processors (processing those dwords). Is this so?

Thanks Jt.

So, this means that in case PTE was 64-bit native, EXE files could exceed 2 GB? Which would be the limit, if any?

I should like to confirm this because I understood from Judy Kay that problem was with  AMD64/EM64T processors, nothing to do with PTE.

Regards,

Jose