WnSoft Forums

Landscape in Focus

BarryH

Being a wildlife photographer, I spend many hours in hides and some of these not very productively. During recent wildlife photography trips, I have been taking images of the landscape around where I photograph the wildlife and have tried to make a slideshow of what I see on my visits. Never having made a slideshow before, I have relied on a lot of help from members on the forum, so a big thank you to all who helped. So if you can spare a little over three minutes of your time, please take a look.

Most of the images are in my local area of the Derbyshire Peak District.

YouTube always seems to compress videos so I apologise if some of the images are not as sharp as I would have liked.

http://www.slideshowclub.com/files/file/402-landscape-in-focus/?tab=comments#comment-563

Nice job Mike,

Excellent presentation - my only suggestion would be to kill the watermarks for your show. Since the majority of the images are smaller than full resolution, the probablility of theft is minimal and you can extend the time on credits on the endings. As photographers, we all tend to be protective of our images but truthfully, having even a plainly visible watermark is of little use for a determined thief who will simply clone it out anyway. Sometimes the hidden watermarks are more useful because the thief doesn't know where they are and the services which patrol the internet are adept at finding them. Sadly, many times one's good images appear on foreign websites and trying to prosecute the offender is almost impossible when the country and prevalent view of "intellectual theft is O.K" are not very helpful... 

Beautiful images and well thought out presentation.

Best regards,

Lin

7 hours ago, BarryH said:

YouTube always seems to compress videos so I apologise if some of the images are not as sharp as I would have liked.

Can you explain what you mean here? Slideshowclub is not YouTube so any sharpness problems will be in the exe before it is uploaded. :)

I am going to watch it later and I suspect that previous comments here and at SSC about the watermark will also apply to me. :)

Thanks for all the help and advice Lin, really appreciated. When I started out on the slideshow I just took the images from a gallery on my PC and dived in. As I learn more about PicturesToExe, slideshows and taking on board your advice, I will use new images without the watermarks.

Thanks again for all the help.

Regards
Mike