WnSoft Forums

PTE changes the screen brightness.

MUR

Hi all.

My new laptop is Dell with Windows 10, and now every time I open PTE, the display change from  intermediate brightness, which normally use, to maximum. Only happens with PTE.

Any ideas.

MUR

Hello MUR,

I never heard about this problem. 

Do you mean the main window of PicturesToExe, or executable presentations?

The code of PicturesToExe doesn't change brightness and technically it's impossible.

Please check what exactly happen - does your laptop sets a new brigthness of the display (see the brightness value in Display window in the Control panel), or the picture gets increased lightness (like if adjust brightness in Photoshop for images)?

My "New" laptop has a setting which dims the brightness when the battery power diminishes and brightens when mains power is added.

Could it be something to do with the power management settings?

It is strange that it only happens with PTE, but on the other hand there are settings which allow different softwares to access the two types of graphics in different ways so it might be worth digging into the settings for power management.

Hi Igor and Davegge

I do not understand what happened. Whenever I opened PTE, I changed down the screen brightness using the keyboard (F11), now I did it in settings and the problem went away (???)

For me, windows 10 is still a bag of crazy cats.

MUR