WnSoft Forums

Border for a show

Igor,

There is (and always has been) a demand amongst users of PTE for a method of putting a Border around slides in a slide show of variable size and colour.

Many workarounds exist and they are good workarounds. I use them regularly. But isn't it time that PTE had its own means of putting a Border on a whole Slide Show without the need for copying a png from slide to slide or resorting to workarounds in the Watermark Option?

The facility could sit alongside the Watermark option in Project Options/Advanced Tab and its controls should include:

1 Width of Line/Border in Pixels/Percent

2. Colour of Line/Border

There is also the need to be able to turn that Border off for Specific Slides e.g. Introductory and Ending Slides etc

That facility could reside in Slide Options.

I hope that you will be able to offer some hope of this becoming a reality.

DG

Lin,

Something like the "image and border" tool which acts globally. But the "image and border" tool is too clumsy in that it puts a border on the outside of an object and necessitates a "compensation" via the canvas settings. A simple line or border inside the confines of the Slide sitting on top of all other objects set globally with the ability to switch it off on a slide by slide basis is what I would like to see.

Barry, 

Yes, it could be developed to produce distressed edges and other effects such as Black/White/Black etc.

I am not suggesting this as a workaround but as a question.

Why not use a custom style? Is it because lack of adjustment after being applied?

+1

Tom