WnSoft Forums

TRANSITION "CURLING OF PAGE" TRANSPARENT?

orizaba

Hi Jose,

Because something - even a transparent PNG has to be a background, I don't believe it's possible to do what you want to do. When a transparent PNG file is used with text or even when text is written over a PNG transparency in Photoshop, there still has to be something visible for a background so PTE defaults to a white background when you specify a transparent PNG for the background. PTE uses the background along with the foreground to create the page curl. That's why it's possible to "turn off" the back of an image and have it blank in whatever the background color is when the page turns.

Best regards,

Lin

Jose,

Most of the "Standard" Transitions and Styles need to be brought up to date to take advantage of Version 9 Techology. I posted a week or two ago that a recently posted Style did not have instructions included in the Style. But Styles are easier in that they can be applied and edited and re-saved.

With CT's, some can be duplicated and saved as "Advanced" versions but the "Curling of Page" is one which might need just a little extra. If the Version 9 parameters "Use Background from Slide" and "Transparent background of Slides" (now default) could be added to all variants of the Curling Page Transition then it would do as you ask.

Your Text (above the Splitter) would curl in any direction over the Static BG (Below the Splitter). A simple opening book Transition with a PNG TEXT in the first slide verifies this.

PTE (and some authors of CT's and Styles) need to drag themselves into Version 9 :)

DG

I agree, Dave and I think Igor can change the "Normal transition" to be consistent with PTE9 (May be in PTE10 )

José,

you can make a pte project with your text (white on black) and only  the curling transition (one slide)

Create an avi video and use this video as a mask in your project

Denis

Denis, 

I would go so far as to say that it is necessary to do this in readiness for version 10.

Some CT's are not compatible with version 9. PTE users of Default Styles should not have to wait until version 10 for an upgrade to a CT which has been around for many versions.

Version 9.5??

DG

Yes, it works... more or less! But the real effect of a real curling page does not really shows without the real page really curling. This is because we only see the text "curling" and this text beeing so small (in my case) we do not get the view of the page curling. Of course, in case the text occupies the full page, we can get "a sort of" curling page effect, but not so good. This is not a PTE problem or even a problem of the this mask solution, but only a problem of the visual effect itself beeing not so nice.

See my tests: https://orizaba.sharefile.com/d-sd8d61cb7f394ef38

Jose

José,

look at the zip.

First bruges.pte  was made to generate the avi ( directly with PTE :) publish >>avi file ...) The slide time and the transition time are the same. Change the font as needed

And look at the result curling .pte : to change the color, change the rectangle color

Denis

CURL.zip

Hi José,

A great innovative solution Denis !!

In addition to what Denis has suggested - note that in the included PTE zip file version a different font was used in the sample pte file than Denis actually used for the avi. Just to further clarify, the font used to create the avi or mp4 for the mask stencil will be the font which appears when you use it in your creation.  In addition to changing the color of the font by changing the rectangle color, you may also want to experiment with slight opacity changes which will allow the background of the image to slightly show through the font. Any changes to the rectangle (color, gradient, etc.) will be reflected in the text.. Change the speed of the page turn transition in the pte file before creating the avi or mp4  as well as the slide time to change the speed of the transition. Match this speed with your slide which contains the mask stencil. 

Best regards,

Lin 

Hi Denis and Lin,

Yes, a great innovative solution! I tried it and it starts to show as a real curling page! Good! Thanks to both of you.

By the way, I didn't understand nothing of the former posts from Dave, but I think he is suggesting some kind of update to next PTE version concerning masks... Good!

Best regards,

Jose