WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.30 beta #1

Igor

Igor, thank you for all the great additions you are making. If I can make one request. Could you add a text field that could be placed automatically over each image so that a copyright symbol and makers name could be added? Hopefully its a simple request and will help many of us photographers that want some copyright protection on our images, but right now have to add the protection to each image separately before putting it into the show. Thanks

Mark

About Fade effect.opt_FastFade=1 is always used now in v4.30 for more frames per second. But we still didn't decide with second option: opt_SmoothFade=1 which makes Fade effect more soft at beginning and when finished (elusive to catch moment between slides). Maybe it better to add option who prefer this mode of Fade effect. Personally, I like both styles (current and this new) for different presentations.

Logo

Ok, I've added copyright logo feature to my todo list when it will time to add it. It's minor work.

InterfaceWhat you think about moment that now we have so various views of main interface of PTE? Two layouts (and third in progress), additionally thumbnails or table. So many combinations. Personally I'm a little bit afraid that it can be difficult to choose some one view (Aleksey says that it's not a problem) :) Need you to have views, when Slide list consists from severals rows, or maybe current one line view is better and it is enough to use full screen?

p.s. Ron, also it possible to use mouse double-click on a slide to show personal settings.

I'm a little bit afraid that it can be difficult to choose some one view

It's not a problem for me:

certain prefer this one or this second or this 3.... The better is to allow the choice. When we quit, we keep the last choice.

It's more easy with the one for Paul, it's more easy with the second for Peter....where is the problem ?

And PTE is the only software to permit this choice now. Marvellous for me !

And for you all ?

Do you agree ?

I like to have the choice of views.

Different views have different benefits depending on what stage the presentation is at.

i would like to have the Custom Synchonization view as part of the main screen or quickly switchable. That would save an enormous amount of time when adding or removing slides to a synchronized sequence.

Mike

I agree Michel and thanks Igor for the double click advice.

Ron [uK]

Things get better and better !

But Igor please do not forget the old request for group selection and movement of slides on the timeline.

I agree with others that easier movement between the main screen and timeline view is essential for easy workflow - a more important consideration (IMHO) than graphical interface etc.

Thanks again for your continued appreciation of feedback from here.

Denwell (NE UK)

Hi Igor et All,

I just had a quick fiddle with the upgrade on Saturday and was as always impressed. I was one who asked for the light table and it looks impressive. The zoom scroller at the bottom is great as you can fill the screen with one or many images as you work.

I did however find that the way the sound wave is presented in the sync. timeline a problem. On my screen some of the waveform passed over the grey fade bars and made them difficult to see. Perhaps the wave could be put on a seperate track below the image line.

A credit to Igor and his team, every time we feel the programme is at it's best they launch us on a rollercoaster ride of new toys to play with.

The only complaint I have heard so far is from Al Robinson who is over here from over there at the moment. To quote "Now I'll have to re do the tutorial AGAIN!!!! :D.

Exellent work Igor, keep us on our toes,

Alan

Al is now in Scotland, but will be back with us in Ireland on July14th. There is internet in the pubs, but I recon he is on to "wheres me Pint.com"

I'll tell him you are checking up on him :P

Alan

Ok, I'll work on these and another moments. Currently I've improved very many small moments for the next beta (very soon!). Michel found several visual bugs I've missed and beta #2 will work much better.

Main part of the new thumbnails view is our common work of our all team.

After this feature (already right now), we'll closely concentrate on new functions for the presentations.

Multi-select for time-line is a long work and so not in this version.

The copyright (or any) logo feature will be added in v4.30, too (it's a very easy to do feature).

Thanks for your opinions about views. We also thought that probably it would be great to add schemas. It allows to save your favorites views with all parameters and quickly switch between them.

I wasn't sure where to post this bug report but since Igor seems to be following this thread it seemed as good as any place.

I worked on a large (600 file) slideshow over the weekend using the latest beta. It was very stable and the "light table" was a joy to work with. I did however, notice some bugs in the main window when using the file list only. There are some problems with selecting files in the left list and dragging to the righthand slide list. Sometimes more than one slide gets inadvertently selected or you can't quite drag. You have to keep clicking around a bit in different windows, and then it does eventually work.

Guest Techman1

Igor,

With this release, it's probably time to increase the amount that you are charging!!! The new light table is wonderful. :D It will definitely improve everyone's productivity. I like the ability to zoom in and out on the light table also allowing me to see details of photos or simply see many more photos at a time.

On my Windows XP system, while using the light table with a slide show that has about 500 photos (all sized down to about 100-200k each). I keep getting locked up after moving numerous photos around (25-50 moves). After the first time, I made multiple saves so that I wouldn't lose any major changes, but it still locked up. There doesn't seem to be any correlation of what I'm doing, but I'll keep trying to see if anything stands out. The resources on my PC show that everything is fine and if I try to run other programs after the lockup, they work just fine. So I don't believe it is a PC system problem, but it may be due to the number of moves being done in the light table.

In working with the light table and then closing it to save, I notice that when I return that it drops me to the bottom of the project instead of on the photo that was last highlighted. The last photo is still highlighted once I scroll back up, but it would be helpful if you could go to the last photo touched. I'm sure there will be views on this several ways where some would prefer to go to the top and others to the bottom, but to me it seems that going to the last highlighted photo makes the most sense.

Anyway, I personally appreciate all that you and your team have done to PTE over the past year or so since I've started using your excellent product. I look forward to continuing to test and use this fine program. Let me know if I can add anything further on the lockup issue discussed above.

Best regards as always,

Fred

There is one change that I have noticed in recent versions that I miss the way it used to be ...

It used to be that in the customize the slide duration screen you could press 'n' to add a transition to the next slide, but that feature seems to be missing now. It was much easier when I could use that keyboard shortcut. Do you think you may ever bring this back in a future version?

THanks for the fantastic software!

I have just altered the ending of my "Intro Demo" by removing the end slide and substituting two others for a new show. As reported in a previous posting I experienced this so called lock-up. The images did not appear in the main window and any further actions were greyed out. I was able to save the changes, switched the programme off and on again and everything returned to normal.

Ron [uK]

Fred,

I've sent you special test version which should fix those lock ups. I wrote about this bug earlier. Please let me know about result.

kway007

Please describe me exactly step-by-step where we've missed this feature. Sorry, I don't remember "n" hotkey.

kway007

Please describe me exactly step-by-step where we've missed this feature. Sorry, I don't remember "n" hotkey.

Well, I don't think I imagined it! :D

When you go to Project Options / Customize Synchronization, I thought you used to be able to just press the "n" key instead of having to click "New Transition".

It was easier to use that shortcut instead of keeping my hand and finger poised over the mouse for the whole slideshow to synchronize the slides. Keeping my hand and wrist tensed for so long causes mild discomfort.

I could have sworn that it used to be there. Does anyone else remember that? If not, I think it would be a great addition! Thanks again.