WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.30 beta #1

Igor

PicturesToExe v4.30 beta #1 is released

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip (1.4 Mb)

Dear friends!

Main features of this version are new interface, thumbnails view of File panel or Slide list, light table (which will be shown on the full screen. Separately for file panel or for Slide list), waveform. The work still in progress and we'll add new layouts with vertical Slide list and with thumbnails in several rows in Slide list. Also interface of waveform is not ready yet, - it will be reworked. Some earlier announced new features also are not ready. Adding of these functions will take minor time, so please wait for them in the next betas. This first beta may contains various small bugs in the interface of the main window, because it's was vastly reworked.

Please read the list below to quickly learn about new major features.

To turn on the new interface with thumbnails, visit the Main menu | Options or use special hot keys described below:

What's new in v4.30 beta #1:

+ File panel and Slide list now can be displayed as thumbnails or in its

classical view (table) (to switch between these views press Ctrl+1 and

Ctrl+2 (for File panel or Slide list accordingly), or via small "V" buttons).

+ There are available second layout style (Slide list in full width of window).

Press Ctrl+F1 and Ctrl+F2 to switch between classical and new layouts.

Or visit Main menu | Options.

+ Main features of thumbnails view of File panel or Slide list:

> Easily resizeable items in real-time by trackbar or Ctrl+mouse wheel;

> Ability to display pictures without text captions (Shift+1, Shift+2);

> Resize items by moving new splitter between Slide list and Preview area.

+ Light table (on full screen).

This mode allows to concentrate on adding of new pictures or re-arranging of slides.

Press "F" buttons or F3 key to see light table for File panel

or F4 key for light table of Slide list.

+ Multi-select in file panel or Slide list.

With mouse, or with Shift or Ctrl keys. Now it works as in Windows Explorer.

+ Visual drag-and-drop.

Dragged items looks semi-transparent as in Windows XP. And it works in any Windows!

+ Actions with with several selected slides or files.

You can easily delete, shift, re-arrange and copy any count of items at a time.

+ Improved transition effects:

Fade effect works in two times (i.e. on 100%) more fast and smooth.

So now Fade effect shows smoothly even on old PC with Pentium 233-400 Mhz.

+ Waveform feature in "Customize synchronization" window.

Set the cursor to range of necessary music track on the time-line and then

click "Waveform" button or press Ctrl+W. This feature may help you to

exactly assign transition points to necessary moments in music.

+ Improved music player:

> Transition effect shown in the moment between two music tracks will not jerk more.

> Really random playback when this mode is choosed. Always new track from playlist.

> Preparing of slides with sounds works a little bit faster.

+ Another improvements in the "Customize synchronization" window:

> Right mouse button click to show popup menu.

> To start full-screen preview from first slide, click "Preview" button

when there is no selected transition point.

* Various minor improvements.

* Fixed several minor bugs.

Well done Igor. All that I have been saying only this week in another thread that you could drag and drop the thumbnails in Windows Explorer can now be done in PTE. But, the important thing is that you do not have to rename the images with a sequential number the revised sort is saved for you. You must have been chuckling to yourself reading those threads knowing that this v 4.30 beta#1 was going to be released. Thank you.

Ron [uK]

As a fairly new member, I am impressed with how quickly a new release has come along. Thanks in advance, Igor, for all the improvements. :D

I have been a part of the discussions about renaming files, etc. that Ron mentioned, so I too think you must be chuckling.

Hope to get a chance to download the new release and play this weekend!

Thank you, I'll think about feature to rename file!

p.s. first beta may sometimes in very rare case freeze up when you start drag-n-drop or multi select with a mouse and thumbs pictures not fully loaded. This problem will be fixed in the next beta. I'd want to inform you about this only one problem of freeze up which I've seen during last month of work. Thumbnails view and seeming classical view are absolutely new component written by our team from "empty" page.

Igor,

Please don't take my comment as a suggestion to change anything about the file rename. I don't think it is as important a feature as some others you have mentioned. As Ron points out, perhaps this is not even necessary.

Thanks!

It is quite right, renaming by prefixing with a sequential number, as I was suggesting in Windows Explorer, is no longer necessary. If I was you Igor I wouldn't even think about a feature to rename a file.

Ron [uK]

Well Done Igor,

Exceptionally stable for a first beta. I love the horizontal view with thumbnails (the perfect place for the customized timeline to live).

I have already used the waveform view to help tidy some slides. Can't wait for the new timeline interface when that is complete (multi-select there too, please?)

A big improvement in usability.

The new fade is even better.

Drinks all round for you and your team.

Thanks

:D

Terrific! You're a sly old fox Igor, sneaking up with this Great Leap Forward while we we're all sitting around just wishin' and hopin' for some kind of third-party Light-Table deal. And speaking of renaming, I'm so pleased with the new Beta that I'm going to rename my first-born for you. (She probably won't like it though.)

Thanks, great work once again.

Jim.

THANK YOU Igor

It all looks very impressive and works very well on my machine.

Already been creating new sequences with it. :D:D:D

Hope you can relax and have a rest now.

Best wishes

Maureen

Just as I was complaining about no visual interface to the image sequence, Igor has done it again with the light box as hoped for. A terrific job and now P2E is without question the best slideshow s/w available (and I have played with many). Now I have to dig into the whole video process in that I have just ordered a new Plextor 708a recorder that handles every conceivable CD & DVD format known to man.

Thanks again for a great job on the latest beta, and as usual, what a wonderful forum! :D

I agree Lumenlux, but questions were being asked and solutions were being given in the interim.

Ron [uK]

How the light table (by F3 or F4 key) works for adding file or re-arranging slides?

You can freely use new beta, because it mainly contains changes in interface only. Or at least it possible to create presentation in the beta and then produce final .exe in v4.20 because these versions has no difference in format of .pte project files.

I think I may have found a small bug. I don't know how to attach a jpg file to a reply like this, but I have a screen shot.

Basically, in my file list (left side of main page) I have, say, File1.jpg which is 100 KB, File2.jpg which is 200KB, and File3.jpg which is 300KB.

When I pick File2.jpg and Add to the slide list (right side), It shows File2, and the picture is in fact File2, but the slide list says it's 100KB. Then if I pick File3, it shows as 200KB.

If I pick File1, it says it's 1KB, which is probably the size of icon that says "Up".

Hope this makes sense. Like I said, I can email you a screen print if needed.

You are right !

Another minor bugs with the file panel: certains pictures are "transparent" when one use the drive letter; and with the T cursor (cross the button when we resize the window).

Don't worry, SuperIgor <_< know this ! And beta is beta !

The work for this 4.30 is very great and difficult, don't forget :D .

Please do not take my bug report as criticism. This is a great program, and the additions you have made are wonderful! :D

I wanted to point out things I noticed. Forgive me for not telling you all the good things I found.

Thank you!

:D Igor, impressed with the new light table.

my favorite is the full view "F" of all the pictures at a glance since one can rearrange pictures better that way by drag and drop. If you wanted to delete a picture from the "F" it would be cool to just left click and click delete instead of the usual way. Unless I am missing something.

Have not quite caught on with the other.

I still am waiting for the effect that pushes and pulls and moves to the left and right with fades or cuts. I believe it cordinates with the music. I experienced this with another program and this is surprime!

Fitzner

:o Opps,

I have a correction to make. I just discovered that you can delete a slide from the "F" and this is my mistake sorry.

However I still think that perhaps it is to busy with icons here and over there if you know what I am saying.

LIKE the icons you can have with the slide list. Whay do we need this? If i wanted to move the very first slide to the end I would have to drag all the way to the end and if you have 75 slides that is quite a move. But the "F" version would be easher.

That's just my input though and I suppose I could like it if I worked with that.

Harry

Igor

The extra lines you had us add in the past to the “ apr.ini “ file

opt_FastFade=1

opt_SmoothFade=1

This time in the 4.30 beta #1 you have added only the one line.

opt_FastFade=1

Wondering if any particular reason for not adding both lines?

Just installed, impressed

Many thanks to you and your staff.

I am not answering the previous posting, but I wish to record that over the weekend I have produced a sequence for a Camera Club colleague making full use of the "light table" - repositioning; right clicking on an image to adjust the effects etc. - and it worked like a dream. Thanks again Igor.

Ron [uK]