WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.30 beta #2

Igor

Hi

I, and many of my colleagues, would appreciate the facility to rename the images in the slide list. We generally use no software that enables easy viewing, sorting and renaming.

We almost always make copies of the images to be used in PTE shows and place them first of all in a project folder. It would be great if these could be sorted on the "light box" and then permanently renamed/renumbered.

I also would like to see the customize synchronisation box larger and deeper, with the wave form wider.

Nevertheless, my brief use of Beta#2 gives no problems and the new facilities so far are brilliant.

Well done!

Eric

Right clicking on a slide in my Slide List and selecting "Open", opens the image in a picture editing programme Irfanview, which presumably is the default setting on my computer. I would like to change this setting to Photoshop if it is possible. Does anyone know how to do this please?

Ron [uK]

Ron

can you not disable the jpeg open function in irfanview

options/properties/extensions ?

that would be my first move

reboot

the next i dont like diddling with

in windows explorer

tools/folder optins /file types

and see what is set to open jpgs

ken

Thanks Ken, the non-selection of *.jpg in Irfanview certainly worked and the image from PTE opened in Photoshop, useful if I want to make any minor modifications to an image whilst working in PTE. In Windows Explorer I have it set already to open *.jpg files to open in Photoshop and I do not have to use the "Open with" option. This therefore may be something for Igor to consider, in his future developments, to add a facility to "Open With" when right clicking on a Slide List entry ln PTE.

Ron [uK]

In Win2K or XP, you can simply right click on any .jpg file in a Windows Explorer listing, then selecting "Open With" and choose the program you wish to use as the default for opening that type of file.

I use a freebie from Baxbex software called "open Expert" that i program to open certain programs -- a carryover from my win98 days

http://www.baxbex.com/openexpert.html

Igor may be able to integrate it's features for those that dont have xp or cannot integrate xp's open with features

ken

I've almost added for the next beta ability to easy rename the file. It will be fully ready in the next beta.

And advanced sub-menu (as in Windows Explorer by right mouse click) for the file panel only. So in Windows 2000/XP you can choose "Open with..." function.

p.s. there is one parameter in apr.ini file - GfxEditorPath= it should help you.

Michel..you're quite right, it is indeed a screencapture of Beta1! I confused the 3 different machines I work on..sorry. Sadly the same error message pops up when I use Beta2 as well. I'm using Irfan as the default opener so I will change that to another app and see what happens...it couldn't be a real serious error as everything actually works perfectly well and I can click the error message away without any further problems...we'll see. I'm using WinXP by the way...does anyone else get this message?

Jim.

Hello Igor,

I've come up with something in the Beta 2 which is maybe known to you, but surprised me. I switched view several times, from vertical timeline to classical view. But when I change slideorder in classical view and then return to timeline view, the thumbnails haven't changed according to the list. In the preview they have changed though. So if you want to correct the view in the timeline, you actually move the wrong pictures.

Is this a bug? Or is it just something I do wrong?

Marianne

Hi everyone...

I'm just new to the forum but maybe what I have to say is not new - if so, please forgive me for repeating what's gone before. I just love the programme, especially the new beta2 lightbox facility and the vertical slideshow array. But one problem I have is that, if I want to change the timings of a group of slides, they all have to be re-positioned on the timeline one by one. I would like to be able to select a whole group of slides and drag them along the timeline together into a new position and maybe assign the same fade and smoothing effects to a group. Will this be possible in the future with P2E?

I would also like to be able to lock certain slides in time, where a transition at a particular point in the music is critical - the slides sometimtes seem to re-position themselves on the timeline when I add or remove new slides.

Welcome Christine

Like your updated Website.

A few of us are hoping that the timeline window will have similar editing functions to the main window, perhaps even live alongside the main window or be quickly switchable. Igor has mentioned that multi-select in the timeline will need a lot of work.

Possibly when the light box upgrades are finished Igor and his team could concentrate their talents on the timeline. :rolleyes: (is this a possibility Igor?)

Mike