WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.30 beta #2

Igor

PicturesToExe v4.30 beta #2 is released

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip (1.4 Mb)

What's new in v4.30 beta #2:

+ Added new "Vertical layout" (Ctrl+F3) of Slide list.

+ The main interface works much faster than ever before, because show of preview of a picture/slide doesn't stop a work of the main interface.

+ Improved or fixed about 30 various small or significant moments in the new interface.

Read history.txt file for the full list of the new features.

p.s. I forgot to say that in this beta #2 Aleksey helped me to fix a very old visual bug when preview of a picture couldn't sometimes appears when you mouse click on a picture in file panel.

Thank you Igor

It looks very impressive and works well on my system without any glitches I can find.

Well done. I feel spoilt for choice now and keep switching views!

:D:rolleyes::D:rolleyes::D

Best wishes

Maureen

Guest Techman1

Igor,

Thanks for this latest update. I've tested in XP and so far no lockups using Beta 2. I've got another large slideshow that I will be creating today or tomorrow and will thoroughly test the light table again.

This program clearly just keeps getting better and better!!!!!!

Regards,

Fred

Igor

Like the vertical layout.

Is there any chance in this version of being able to apply customized settings to a multi-selection? I realize there is the difficult question of which settings to change as there is no way to view the exsisting properties of all the slides. Applying the selected properties only is probably the safest option.

Keep up the good work.

:rolleyes:

Mike

Micheal, the idea of renaming the thumbnails in both panes of the screen would be very useful for PTE IMHO.

In working with the new interface of beta 2 is almost like a new program - it is now a great user interface to build a slide sequence without the prior frustrations.

I'm very happy with this release (except for the waveform of the soundtrack, but I know it is only provisional and will be improved).

As for renaming, I don't really see the usefulness of this function because in my case I give meaningful names to the slides (= images). But if this would be an option that could help others, why not.

Great! The new thumbs/layout options are fantastic. In honor of your grand achievment Igor I have deleted 3 competing slide show programs from my computer..it's now All PTE, All The Time. I was going to start pestering you about the Pan & Zoom effects but in view of all your hard work on the latest betas I'm not going to say one word about them...I won't even mention how useful and fantastic they'd be or anything like that. Not a word.

Terrific job, thanks, Jim.

;) actually Jim, that really is a good idea with the zoom and pan. I operate television cameras at our church and I call them push (zoom) pull (wide angel) and pans from left to right.

I like what Igor has created on he program thus far! However, for myself I am only going to use the "F" feature only the other stuff is just to much.

I think the pans and zoom effect would really look professional and add a great touch to the program.

But perhaps I will grow into the other stuff also.

Harry

Yes, we plan Zoom, Pan and more smooth Push/Slide effect. It's a long work, but it will be added. I also very want to see Pan effect!

About waveform.

Please let me know what you would like to see improved or reworked concerning displaying of the waveform? Personally I like the current state when Cust. synch. window has its usual size. But I agree that it maybe better to lower the waveform (fully below all time-line) and increase height of the Cust. synch. window?

I hope you increase height of the Cust. synch and move the two channels upwards and downwards (with perhaps the form higher).

Also I don't like very much the color dark blue (I would prefer a little bit more light).

But, it's only what I think personally :) .

I agree with Michel. Customization window should be bigger or resizable (I use a 22" monitor, and I can tell you that the cust. window looks really small and lost on that screen).

The wave form should be clearly separated from the timeline (i.e. lowered) and, if possible, bigger; to be more explicit, I advise to have a look at this screenshot where one can see how a waveform soundtrack could appear (see n° 5 on the picture).

As for the colour of it, I have no preference.

But, as I said earlier, I'm already quite happy with PTE as it is !

Hi Igor!

Thanks for the wonderfull programm an the new layout.

It would be great, if it will be possible to "cut"/"shorten" the music-titeles in the waveform by dragging/mouse to adjust them for several scenes.

Hope, you can understand me. My english is bad.

Greetings

Adda

Yes Igor, I feel the waveform should be seperated from the slideline as per Gerard's screen shot. It is quite easy to relate all information down through the screen if the bar passes through all info.

As I said to Maureen in email the other night, I normally stand back and let the "Beta Boys" at it, but all the inovations you have put in this time are too tempting to wait till the final version. We will soon have the best slide show software, with the best development team, and the best and friendliest forum around.

Alan

As a relative newbie, I echo Alan's comments that I usually sit back and wait for the final version. But I am SO excited that I actually have some influence on design. :P

I agree with the comments about separating the wave form, and "memorizing it" so it doesn't have to re-calculate (that takes a while on my machine). As to how big or how far, I'll leave that to the experts. I'm a bit nervous that Gerard uses a 22" monitor. Don't forget about the "little guys". Hope it looks good/works on many size monitors.

I also echo Alan's sentiment that this is the best design team and best forum out there. :D

Yes, we plan Zoom, Pan and more smooth Push/Slide effect. It's a long work, but it will be added. I also very want to see Pan effect!

B) Thankyou Igor, for considering the pan and zoom (push effect) later on!!

I understand that this will take some time as it also works with the type of music one uses. If the music is fast pased the pans will work accrodingly and slow music will cause the effects to flow with the slower passed music.

Also, if you would this could be worked into the .avi portion of the program with capturing video etc.

Harry

Ok, I'll rework interface of Cust. synch. window for the better displaying of the waveform. Thank you for your suggestions, concerning this moment!

p.s. David, for example I work on my favorite Sony SDM-M51 LCD 15" and personally I prefer 15" displays (equivalent 17" CRT). Aleksey has 19" CRT, Pasha 18" LCD.

I'm a bit nervous that Gerard uses a 22" monitor. Don't forget about the "little guys". Hope it looks good/works on many size monitors.

Don't worry David ! I also use a 17" LCD, and a 15" on my laptop ;) But I'm not the only one in my environment to use a 21 or 22" monitor; in the design/graphics sphere it's quite a common size which is even becoming 'small'.

I was just saying this to explain that the present cust. window can look very small under certain conditions and that it would be nice if it could be resizable, or at least a bit bigger.

I have noted with great pleasure the previous post of Igor :)