WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.30 beta #3

Igor

PicturesToExe v4.30 beta #3 is released

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip (1.4 Mb)

What's new in v4.30 beta #3:

+ Now you can rename files in the File panel or in the Slide list. PicturesToExe

will automatically update path of added slide which use renamed picture.

+ It's possible now to choose folder where to store your templates.

Open "Manage templates" window (Ctrl+E), set new folder and click "OK" button.

+ Added advanced popup menu for the File panel (by right mouse click) as in Windows

Explorer. This advanced menu allows to perform standard actions: copy, paste,

delete file(s) and etc. It also works for several selected files, too.

+ Various small improvements.

+ New style of work of the mouse wheel (so-called X Mouse) in the main window.

(But you can turn this mode off. Visit the Main menu | Options | Advanced options)

* Fixed bug of previous betas when slide could be moved to the end of the Slide list

after quick mouse click on a slide with short shift of the mouse cursor.

* Fixed bug of previous betas when thumbnails were incorrect after re-arranging them

in the table mode (if earlier the Slide list was in the thumbnails view) and after again

the Slide list was switched to the thumbnails mode.

p.s. as usually, please let me know, if something works wrong or some new feature should be discussed.

Thank You, Diolch, Danke, Merci............. :D:D:D

I am delighted ........especially with

+ It's possible now to choose folder where to store your templates.

Open "Manage templates" window (Ctrl+E), set new folder and click "OK" button.

You are a STAR Igor !

Well done.

Best regards to you and your Team

Maureen

Igor this Beta3 is looking and feeling good. I have just used it now for a couple of hours and am quite enthused. I do offer the following observations and ideas for you.

The presentation I am working on is 30 minutes long. The sound track is 5 mp3 files that are not yet spliced together. I am trying different order of mp3 files and exchanging maybe one at a time. The waveform only works for one mp3 file at a time. So when mp3 #2 starts, I must push the button to "load" the waveform of mp3 #2. Meanwhile the slides are continuing and may be several slides advanced before the waveform appears. Would it be possible for you to have the waveform for each subsequent mp3 to be "loading" before the prior mp3 ends?

Also, when using the waveform, it would be helpful if you could add another spot of information in the bottom line of the custom sync box. The name of the mp3 file that is playing would be helpful. I would think this would be very simple but would help when using multiple sound files.

If you could implement both of the above items it would really help, because as it now is, with the waveform not always displayed, and no name of music file, it is difficult to know where the show is as far as music and where it begins and ends each new piece.

Thank you for all your great work. If the above is not clear, please ask me to explain better.

I agree, I have this problem with two mp3 (= two sound A).

Igor is working with this feature yet, I think, and it is not finished.

In the moment, the better is to use this feature with only one sound.

This function (waveform) is not yet completely adjusted, I think because the work with the new interface and others functions

were difficult but great. And no doubt, the 4.30 final release will be perfect.

This is the first chance I've had to work with the new version 4.30 (Beta #3) and I just did a quickie show to check something. I believe you added the capability a version or two back to allow use of the Navigation Bar during synchronized shows. There's a checkbox for this titled "Permit the control of show" on the "Main" Project Option tab. This seems poorly placed to me - I would think it should be on the "Advanced" tab next to the "Show Navigation Bar" checkbox.

At first I thought that it was redundant to have those two options - why would you show the Navigation Bar but not control the show? Conversely, why would you permit the control of show but not show the Navigation Bar? Then I remembered that you can also control the show by setting actions for mouse button clicks, and you would not necessarily need a visible toobar.

But there is what I think is a flaw with the Navigation Bar when used during synchronized shows. When control of the show is permitted and the Navigation Bar is used, the Pause buton works fine. But when the Back or Forward arrows are used, the show resumes play instead of staying paused. To me this defeats the whole purpose of using a Pause button - you want to be able to pause the show and then back up or go forward, slide by slide, without play resuming until you click the Pause button again to resume play.

I had mentioned this when 4.20 came out and there was general agreement with my view, as I recall. Could you look into this please?

Also there's something that bothers me about the Customize Synchonization window. I seem to remember (perhaps wrongly) that when it first came out you could use the Play button to play the show in the small window (and with the timeline visible), starting from any slide. But when I try to do that now it always starts at the beginning of the show - the only way I can start from a slide in the middle of the show is to use the Preview button and then it plays like a normal show, without the timeline being visible. Am I remembering wrong or just doing something wrong? Whether I set the blue pointer or select the slide where I want to start, when I click the Play button it always goes back to the first slide.

By the way, it'd also be nice if I could grab the edge of the Custom Synchronization window and drag it to whatever size I wanted. As it is now it only goes across about half my screen and it'd be nice to enlarge it.

And thanks for the slide thumbnails! The T, V and F buttons aren't very prominent and I almost didn't see them, but I like what they do, especially the F (Fullscreen?) button. Much easier for slide arrangement and something I've wanted from Day 1. And I love the slider bar for controlling thumbnail size.

Igor, you're a genius.

I am more than happy with what Igor and his team have given us and, but sorry, have no use for any of the suggestions which you have made. However to help you as regards starting the playback from an image on the Timeline, all you have to do is click on Play then click on the Timeline just before your selected image. Equally you can go to the "Light Box", by clicking on the 'F' button, then right click on your selected image and select "Start preview from current slide [Ctrl+R]" and you will get playback from there in full frame. Good luck.

Ron [uK]

I have just returned from holiday and therefore must be among the last PtoE enthusiast to download the beta version of 4.3 – there’s only one word for it – brilliant. I changed over from the expensive Mediator to PtoE at about version 3 and it has always been excellent but now it’s brilliant.

Although it seems very ungrateful, can I place a request on the list for the next revision? Please could there be a lock on the timeline to enable pictures to be ‘locked’ to a specific point in time? When I build a programme I often need to drop in a new picture to fill time or to tell the story better. This shifts everything down-line and throws the crucial music beats / picture change out of synchronization. Or have I missed anything! Perhaps you boffins out there know of a lock which has evaded me.

I made my first AV programme in 1969 when I had to build my own manual slide dissolve unit, hump heavy equipment and take an hour to line-up the pictures, hasn’t life just got better and better? Thanks to technology and people like Igor.

RonH [uK]

RonH,

If you drop in new pictures you just need to go back to your timeline

and add your transition points too. This will put all your timed pictures

back in place.

Your timeline is not showing your pictures. It is showing you where your

transitions are taking place.

cc

Thanks Chuck

I’m sure that I tried this and it just shuffled everything down but I’ve tried it again since your message and of course it works. Guess the secret is to make sure there is one new picture for one new transition. Anyway – many thanks.

RonH [uK]

Major editing in the timeline can be quite tricky. I think slowly and carefully is the answer at the moment.

A lot of us are hoping that Igor will address the shortcomings in the timeline in a future release. We appreciate that it will take a lot of work, but the amazing strides taken with the main editing screens give us confidence it will happen sooner rather than later.

Mike

:rolleyes: I just looked at P2E 4.3 beta 3. I think I just died and went to heaven Igor. P2E has always been a great program, but this takes it to new heights. Thank you...

Rob Walls

www.icmstudies.com

But there is what I think is a flaw with the Navigation Bar when used during synchronized shows. When control of the show is permitted and the Navigation Bar is used, the Pause buton works fine. But when the Back or Forward arrows are used, the show resumes play instead of staying paused.

Yes, I remember about this important moment. Now I've completed almost all works on the new view and will return to this and another moments.

By the way, it'd also be nice if I could grab the edge of the Custom Synchronization window and drag it to whatever size I wanted. As it is now it only goes across about half my screen and it'd be nice to enlarge it.

I hope to realize it.

Play button always starts playback from the beginning, but "Resume" (same button) after pause always works as you mentioned.

Also Ctrl+R or Preview button in this Cust. synch. window will start slide-show from the selected transition points, as I again checked up this moment.

Dana, I always remember that you told me many times about multi-select. As they say it required two years :)