WnSoft Forums

project saved with new name, not opened when reopening PTE

jkb

If I open a project and then save it as a new filename, next time I open PTE it does not open that last saved project.

It does not even show up in 'Recent Projects', but once I open it up manually then it does.
I regularly save with a new name when I am working on a project and don't remember having this problem before

Jill

Jill,

Sorry for the late response.

Do you mean PTE AV Studio or PTE 9?

This problem might occur in old PTE versions if a project was received from a template or backup in a ZIP.

In version 10.0 this problem should not occur. I couldn't reproduce this problem.

Igor, it is with PTE AV Studio 10.0.6

I was making a Menu for a competition this weekend.
I opened last year's Menu project - Menu19 (made with PTE9) & saved with a new name Menu20

I then made changes, saved Menu20 & closed PTE10
When I reopened PTE10 it opened Menu19.pte  instead of Menu20.pte

I also noticed this with another project I was working on, this was an old project originally made with PTE5 I think.
But each time I saved with a new name in PTE10 it opened up the previous version instead of the latest one.
I usually save with a new name every time I make several changes - Project1; Project1a; Project1b  etc

Jill

Jill, too bad that my simple explanation does not apply.
I just made a test by opening (with PTE-10, under MS/Windows 10) my latest project ("A"), saved it as "bis-A", closed PTE.  On opening, PTE brought up the "bis-A" file, as expected.

Second test, opening an older project ("B") from the oldest file listed with "open recent project", saved as another "Bis-B" project, which after close / open PTE came up correctly.

Third test, PTE closed, clicked on "C.PTE" in the Windows/Explorer to directly launch PTE with that file.  No change, closed PTE, opened PTE that shows this "C" file.
Saved project as "Bis-C", closed PTE ; PTE opens with "Bis-C" as expected.

Note that my list of "recent projects" contains 36 files, since I have edited a PTE configuration file.  Saving these 3 "bis" files has pushed the three oldest projects out of sight, as expected. In the Settings > Preferences > Project > Project File, I have opted to "load last saved project on startup", which is the default I believe.

My recent projects are now logically listed by PTE as: 1="Bis-C", 2="C", 3="Bis-B", 4="B", 5="bis-A", 6="A", etc. The last is N° 36.

I have then deleted, with Windows/Explorer, the three newly created "bis" files that have the "*.PTE" extension.
Started PTE that now shows only 33 "recent projects" and no mention of the three missing "bis" ones. Clever.