WnSoft Forums

Missing orange line in audio timeline

Clare

Hi Can anyone help please?

I have just purchased PTE-AV-Studio. In the trial version an orange line shows through the audio track, making it easy to fade the sound. 

Since I switched to the purchased version the orange line is nowhere to be found. Where do I find it, or is this bug?

Thank you.

Hi Clare,

It's not a bug - the line can be turned on or off. 

Go to the timeline and look to the right of where it says "time points" then a plus sign and a minus sign then the time block and to the right of this an icon with an orange line and blue dots. Click this.  This icon turns on and off the line you are looking for.

Best regards,

Lin

here.jpg

This is not available in the standard version, only in the Pro version.

I had to switch versions to discover this.

You can only adjust the volume of the whole sound clip in the Audio tab in the standard version, you can't do it in the Timeline view.

With the Trial version & Pro version you can switch between standard & pro in Settings/Preferences

If you have purchased the standard version & wish to upgrade to the Pro, then you only have to pay the difference.

Jill

Thank you for this help.

I may need to upgrade, but first I would like to know how to fade music out/in in the basic version of PTE-AV. I know there is a command in the audio section of the slide/project options tab, but I can't find a tutorial on how to use this. 

Can you help?

Thank you.

Just set it to how many seconds fade you want.

Not at the computer at the moment to check, but I think even in the standard version if you overlap two clips in the timeline it will produce an automatic cross-fade.

Jill