WnSoft Forums

Transition-Importing [SOLVED]

goddi

Greetings,

After a Transition is Imported, to keep the Transition, you have to click 'OK'. However, when you click 'OK' to keep that Transition, that Transition is also applied to the image. When the 'OK' is selected it should only allow the acceptance of the transition, not apply it to an image. This seem to be the only way to save the Transition, but then you have to Exit the program and 'not save' the file to eliminate the applied Transition that you really did not want to be applied. Am I missing something here? Is there a way to Import a Transition and not have it immediately applied to an image when you click 'OK'?

Gary

Had not noticed this before but yes, I have literally just imported ten transitions. Fortunately I then checked out the Forum and happened to read Gary's post. Then went back into PTE to check and the just imported transitions were not there. 

At least I know these were not imported, but were there others?

George

The OK button in the slide options window should be pressed in two cases. When selecting a transition for the slide and to complete the import operation of the transition. In the second case, it is added to the slide at the same time as import. That is the whole problem. It seems to me that these two processes should not depend on one OK button. For example, after selecting an imported transition in Explorer, the import process should be finally completed. Or something else, developers know better. Honestly, such "little things" do not bother me much, but if there is an opportunity to improve the functionality, then you need to do it.

59 minutes ago, stranger2156 said:

The OK button in the slide options window should be pressed in two cases. When selecting a transition for the slide and to complete the import operation of the transition. In the second case, it is added to the slide at the same time as import. That is the whole problem. It seems to me that these two processes should not depend on one OK button. For example, after selecting an imported transition in Explorer, the import process should be finally completed. Or something else, developers know better. Honestly, such "little things" do not bother me much, but if there is an opportunity to improve the functionality, then you need to do it.

Greetings,

Exactly my point. I don't think it worked this way in the past. Sure, we can work around it once we figure out what is going on. But, especially for new users, you can really screw up your project when a transition is inadvertently applied, as it can be done now, when importing a transistion.

Gary

Hi Gary,

I recommend to import transitions in the Project Options and then click the OK button. It will not change any existing transitions in your project.

I agree that behaviour in the Slide Options it not ideal. Brobably it would better to disable import of any transitions in this window and leave it only in the Project Options?

3 hours ago, Igor said:

Hi Gary,

I recommend to import transitions in the Project Options and then click the OK button. It will not change any existing transitions in your project.

I agree that behaviour in the Slide Options it not ideal. Brobably it would better to disable import of any transitions in this window and leave it only in the Project Options?

Greetings Igor,

Importing a transition in 'Slide Options' seems the obvious way to do it. Never thought of doing it in 'Project Options'. This would solve the problem but I still think it should be able to be done in 'Slide Options', too, if it can be corrected to do it without add the transition to the slide when the 'OK' clicked.

Does this happen when you 'Import' in 'Styles and Themes'? I haven't had a chance to test that out. But it seems to me that 'Import' should work the same in 'Slide Options' and 'Styles and Themes', without them being applied when the 'OK' is clicked.

Importing menu should not be different between 'Slide Options' and 'Styles and Themes'. Otherwise, not intuitive.

Thanks...

Gary

• Igor changed the title to Transition-Importing [SOLVED]