WnSoft Forums

Exe files not saved

AVMalcolm

PTE AV Studio 10 has suddenly stopped saving exe files.  Publishing seems very fast and there is a confirmation at the bottom with the path to the file, but there is nothing there.  I have tried this on another PC and exactly the same happens.  Internet security has been disable so it is not being deleted immediately as "suspicious".  As a workaround I can create a "Safe" Executable File for Internet" and unzip the exe file from there, but it will not play without the associated "ptshow".

Malcolm, the ptshow is needed in the same folder as the exe & must have exactly the same name.

The exe is just a very small digitally signed file which calls the ptshow to play.

Not sure why the normal exe is not being created, I haven't experienced this but am still using 10.0.12

Which version are you using?

Click Help/About to find the version

Jill

Malcolm

Look in the General Discussion section of the forum. There you will see the thread which shows that 10.0.13 is the latest version. Just download and install it over the top of your current version.

This thread also shows you ‘What’s New’  in each change.

Regards

wideangle

On 10/3/2020 at 12:05 AM, AVMalcolm said:

Just checked, I have auto checking for updates activated and it tells me that version I have,10.0.6, is the latest, so how have you got 10.0.12?

Malcolm,

Download and install the updated version 10.0.13 manually:

https://www.wnsoft.com/en/pte-av-studio/download/

In version 10.0.6 there was a mistake with Auto Update function. So it should be update manually once.

Try to create single EXE shows in version 10.0.13 and let me know about a result.

If it still doesn't work, start a new simple test project with several photos and try to create an EXE file. Choose a simple file name (say MyShow.exe ) and try different folders (Documents, Downloads, your folders).