WnSoft Forums

Problem duplicating a part of a project containing audio files

Picsel

Hi Igor

We are sharing the work between different members so each time we reach a new step we create a backup file in zip and after decompressing it  we go on working with the new  .pte file which was created.

In order to make a comparison between two different possibilities involving the same part (several slides with pictures, video clips and audio files) I first saved the current project with a new name using the « save as » command (the new .pte file is saved inside the same folder)
Then I deleted the slides not used, saved the project again with the « save » command.
Everything is ok at that point.
Then I copied the remaining slides that I consider to be my first sequence and pasted them behind a separating blank slide.
At this point I thought to get twice the same sequence, the first one identical to the second one separated by a blank slide.
I tried to save again the project.
But I got an error message saying me to search for missing files !

files-not-found.thumb.jpg.07f18a6c171153a6d8df26b350875458.jpg
Please pay attention there are no other possibilities to browse he folders and search for the missing files and I only could click on OK ! (I ve alredy mentionned this problem in another previous post ).

missing-files-wrong-addresses.thumb.jpg.626ef50cae56f1d1af9117d0da6cd46b.jpg

I was very surprised to see that the pasted sequence was different including some more missing audio files, very strange for me !something-strange-01.thumb.jpg.38dcb5e8dad91cc03b654adab856213d.jpg
1) reading the info file, the file addresses were wrong pointing towards file included inside a folder containing an older version of the project ;
2) those missing files were linked to slides on the timeline with wrong numbers (why ? I have no explanation)missing-files-wrong-addresses.thumb.jpg.e8441a81a4e9e7b646fbbbe2dd987d31.jpg

Although all the addresses of the files within the copied part were correct.

correct-file-address.thumb.jpg.f5648fd5d77fbbeb06f3b2ec564177de.jpg

After having close and reopen the project, the addresses of missing files were corrected by PTE but the problem of undesired and badly linked audio files remains.

Daniel

Daniel,

Did you work with one instance of PTE AV Studio?

We need a step by step instruction how to reproduce this problem from a scratch. As simple as possible.

It seems that some audio files were locked and PTE AV Studio couldn't load them when you switch a project.

Usually a possibility to recover missing files is required when project is opened. We didn't want to complicate the app with a special rare case when project files are being deleted at a moment when a project is already opened.

Igor,
Yes I used only one instance of PTE AV Studio.
I must say  there was no modification on audio files and no audio files were deleted.
When I open the different versions of our project without duplicating some part of them, there is no problem of missing files. The problem of missing files appears only after duplicating an existing part without other modification.
I know that duplicating a part of a project is not so very usual. However that could point out a problem with the writing  of the .pte files when creating a backup in zip.  
I will try to provide you with some more relevant information asap.
As you know a project is built step by step and is not so easy to find at which step the problem actually occurs.

Daniel

I often copy parts of one project to another, but I always open 2 instances of PTE.

One with the original project that I want to copy slides from & a 2nd copy of PTE that I want to paste into.

This 2nd copy may or may not already have slides & music present.

As long as the sound files are linked to slides being copied I have never had any problems.

Jill