WnSoft Forums

Announcement

Guest guru

I'm glad to announce that a new website about PTE is on-line. Its address is http://www.guru.to.it (where .to means Torino, my city, and .it means Italy). It's a little site in three languages - English, French and Italian - with the main purpose to help all PTE users to quickly find what they need: tutorials, helps, demos, useful software, slideshows published not only in "official sites" like Beechbrook Cottage or Digital Slideshows but also in personal sites of forum members. A special section is devoted to copyright free music.

In short, it's a "service site": I hope it will be useful to all PTE slideshows makers and especially to forum members.

I will be very grateful to all who have a website and will place a link to it in their sites.

Last but not least, comments, suggestions and criticisms are welcome.

Allright Guido! Congratulations!

I rushed right over and found it just as you suggest. Should be a valuable resource to the PTE community and anyone wondering about PTE. "Why PTE" is a nice simple view for people. I remember the first time I opened PTE years ago and thought " oh . . . what now?" Fortunately, you were there and all has worked out great. Now, with more PTE users your new site should prove valuable.

Thank you.

Super site Guido Well Done !

I think I should be paying you lots of lira for all your nice comments about me - I'm blushing !

(and smiling too :D !) but my husband is rolling about on the floor laughing ! :blink:

I am sure your site will be a wonderful useful asset for all PTE workers.

I know it is very hard work creating and maintaining web sites...

and trebly so in three languages!

Congratulations :D

Best wishes

Maureen

Well done Guido. I like it. Me, Doyen !!!!!!!!!! - never mind the quality feel the width.

Ron [uK]

Guido,

Thanks so much for donating your time and resources and knowledge in this manner - this site will be very useful for newcomers to PTE and also to AV, as well as for us "ancients".

And I feel honoured to be mentioned in a small corner of your new site and to have a link mentioned to my own site. :)

I wish you every success in this new project! If there is any way in which we can help you out, please do not hesitate to call on us. I hope you'll be posting many of your own shows there, too? :):)

Well done Guido,

PTE Central has arrived, a great adition to this forum's font of knowlage. I will be at a workshop this weekend, and will see that all will know of your site. Thanks for the time and effort on our behalf,

Alan

Many, many thanks to all !

I wish to announce I just added 10 copyright free music pieces. Now they are 34, for a total duration of near three hours.

Several forum members ask me to download some pieces, and I am in crisis with the disk space of my server!

Guido:

We help Bill with his expenses at Beechbrook, can we not help with your costs in connection with the on-line storage of the copyright free music ?

Added on the site guru.to.it new pieces of music (I reached 40) and a "Mini-tutorial for absolute beginners", written especially for Italian users, who don't have any resources in their language. But maybe can be useful also to someone who speak English and is stanrting now with "our" program.

To Alrobin, Michel, Barry, Oleg: please don't laugh reading this first tutorial ! :( ...it's only a micro-tutorial intended to "absolute beginners"!

P.S. - Thank you for your post, Jim, but nobody seems understand this kind of problems...

Guido, you had a great idea to create a web site like that. You are giving us a lot of useful information and interesting links that help us to create successful works using PTE.

Continue to enhance your site.

Italian PTE users are grateful to you for having some PTE documentation written in Italian.

Many thanks and compliments.

Luigi

Milano - Italy

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Al, thanks Luigi!

I'll be very grateful to all will add in their website a link to the www.guru.to.it.

I'm now adding new music and new chapters to my "mini-tutorial", but I stopped a moment to translate into Italian the new PTE 4.40 (italian.ini file).

+ Added new music pieces (near 50 now)

+ Added links to all site pages in all pages

+ Added new pages

+ Updated members sites' page

+ Added an European mirror to download PTE (active in few days, as soon as v4.40 final will be released, as agreed with Igor). The WnSoft server is located in US, and the download of the program is quite slow from Europe.