WnSoft Forums

Trouble downloading from Slideshow Club

mhwarner

Sure would like to download Maureen's latest "Hills and Dales" file because I know Maureen always creates beautiful shows.  Unfortunately, I have tried at least 10 times and have never successfully downloaded (the Windows version).  The file quits downloading about midway through the length of it without even notification.  If it does show up (not always) in my browser download window, it always has the notation "Cancelled" .  I have tried with both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.  I know I don't have the best internet connection, but I have been able to download other files from other sites of at least this size or larger.  Is it possible that there is some sort of slowdown with Slideshow Club or a timeout if the download isn't completed in a certain amount of time?  

If this is no the correct place to post this issue, I apologize and will move it to wherever is suggested.

5 hours ago, Igor said:

Hi,

When the download appears as "cancelled" in Chrome try to click a small button ^ on the right side of download caption (at the bottom part of Chrome window) and choose Save file. Will it help?

No.  It just stops downloading.  I just downloaded a 2 GB EXE file from another site with no issues whatsoever so I'm thinking it's not my connectivity problem.  I also tried downloading the recently posted "Aspects of the Algarve" file and am having the same issue.  

22 hours ago, mhwarner said:

No.  It just stops downloading.  I just downloaded a 2 GB EXE file from another site with no issues whatsoever so I'm thinking it's not my connectivity problem.  I also tried downloading the recently posted "Aspects of the Algarve" file and am having the same issue.  

Did you try to download an EXE show or MP4 video of "Aspects of the Algarve"?

Try again to download MP4 video from this link:

https://www.slideshowclub.com/files/file/644-aspects-of-the-algarve…/

Let me know about a result.

• 2 weeks later...

Igor, 

I cannot download this other file either.  My internet speeds aren't always the best, but I can easily download files that are much larger than the 111 MB of this file.  The download speed from Slideshow Club is much, much slower than most other sites and the download seems to get to about 20 MB and it just stops completely and disappears from the download window of my browser.  My download speeds at the moment are upward of 3 Mbps for other pages or downloads but the speeds on the attempted downloads of these Slideshow Club files rarely show at more than 5 to 7 Kbps!  Sometimes it stops with "Couldn't download - network issue".  I can restart it then, but it starts over and never finishes.  Frustrating!

5 hours ago, Igor said:

Hi,

I very apologize for these issues with download speed. I remember that you're located in USA? I'll check downloading using VPN/USA service later this week.

Thanks, Igor!  Yes, I am in the USA.  No hurry.  I just hope to look at these shows one day, particularly as Maureen's are always so well done.

Hi,

I tested with VPN / Phoenix, Arizona. "Aspects of the Algarve" was download within 25 seconds and "HILLS AND DALES for MACS" in 10 seconds. The same result for VPN / San Francisco.

Our normal Internet connection is 50 Mbit.

What is your normal Internet connection speed?

Also check again downloading and let me know when it lost a connection for downloading? After 5 minutes or less/more?