WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.41 beta #3

Igor

PicturesToExe v4.41 beta is released

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip (1,4 MB)

What's new in v4.41 beta:

* Fixed bug when Ulead DVD MovieFactory or another DVD converter didn't work with video file of PicturesToExe (Thanks to Lumenlux, bbdigital and aztari !).

* Fixed bug when random show of slides didn't work in synchronized presentation (Thanks to Ken Cox).

* Fixed one visual bug on the timeline.

Now this version should solve many earlier possible problems with creating DVD video discs.

Igor,

PTE (beta 4.41) isn't working anymore with Pinnacle Studio 8. It works perfectly in the release version 4.40.

Pinnacle 8 is very jumpy. It won't encode the transitions and between every two or three frames there are empty black slides. I tried it with both the "For Pinnacle Studio" button ticked and unticked. Same Slides and mp3 tested in 4.40 and 4.41, diferent results. Spent all day trying to solve the problem. It might only be a problem with my machine but the previous betas work great with Pinnacle Studio.

P III

730MHz

384 meg Ram

Win XP SP1

Admin.

Just finished testing encoding PTE 4.40 avi in pinnacle studio 8. It works great. Nice, smooth transitions, beautiful slides, Supreme Audio. However, I did notice this time, that when using the push transition along with others, some of the slides sort of fake to the left, as if the push effect is going to to take place but it doesn't. The other transitions happen instead. Happens about three or four times during some presentations, not all.

I think that may be a glith caused by my spyware sweeper or anti virus programs scanning the system at intervals. Pinnacle studio 8 can be touchy and wants to be the only program running when your working with it. Pinnacle's support recommends turning off all runnig windows programs and services, except Windows Explorer and other necessary programs needed to kept windows running. I did that while testing PTE beta 4.41. Still it just will not encode the slideshows without jumping and losing slides..

Other than that, PTE 4.40 works like a charm with Studio 8 on my system.

Thanks for testing! It seems that Pinnacle skips frames - it's not our bug, but it's unpleasant, of course.

However if compare right now v4.41 and v4.40 - is there any difference?

I think Push effect for Pinnacle will be improved in the next version only.

Hello Igor

With this new release I don't have any more drives icon (top left, just under the Menu bar) in the Vertical view (Ctrl + F3) and only in that view (classical and horizontal views have these icons).

Is this right ?

As I am not able to compare with other PTE versions (I didn't save older issues) I am not sure if this is normal.

If it is, it is a little bit confusing as I have to change to classical or horizontal view to have again access to these icons before seeking a file on an other drive than the current one.

I really very wondered by such problems!

I didn't change anything in the interface of main window.

Please send me screenshot to int_support (insert @ symbol) wnsoft.com

Try to uninstall v4.41 and re-install it again.

RNB

I'll try with Pinnacle Studio 7

I really very wondered by such problems!

I didn't change anything in the interface of main window.

Please send me screenshot to int_support (insert @ symbol) wnsoft.com

Try to uninstall v4.41 and re-install it again.

Hello

One e-mail and my problem was resolved !

..... my File Panel was just too narrow to let enough place for my drives icon !

Igor, thank your very very much for your quick help.

Good night.

Igor, Thanks for all the great work on developing and continuing to develop PTE. I have been using PTE for about 4 years. I have tried to keep up with the forum.

Not sure if I am placing this in the right spot on the forum or not.

Due to my own mistakes, I have had lots of trouble making a satisfactory DVD.

I have downloaded PTE v4.41 beta #3 and am able to get a DVD using both Roxio Easy CD, DVD Creator v 6 as well as Ulead Movie Factory. but on both, the pictures are slightly larger when viewed on the TV, which causes partial loss of script when the script is at the top or the bottom or either side.

I am using a Plextor 708-A burner. The show has 52 slides with music sych, about 9 minutes long. The last few slides are using the push transition from the bottom-up, giving a scrolling effect, with some success. However when viewed on the TV in DVD, the script shakes a little.

The EXE file works fine on the computer.

Are these my errors, or is it in the program?

Thanks, Howard

Ken, Thanks for your reply.

I have used the method of shifting the text to accomplish getting the text inside visible screen, but If I move the text on this show it covers parts of the picture I do not want covered. I guess the main question relates to the enlargement of the pictures when going to DVD. As well as the shakey text while scrolling. Is there a correction for the pictures being enlarged?

Thanks, Howard

set up monitor to 1078/768

thru experimentation i have found that if you set to full screen and lower setting to 95%

and try positioning text in best possible place on the pict

or

put text in a blank slide with object editor

you have to sacrifice some things :(

ken

Ken, thanks again for the advice. I have gone into the object editor and worked with the text. I like it better than using the comments line on the main screen. I had not gotten into using the object editor that much. Also I had not seen the place in the "project options" under the advanced setting where you can change the size of the slides. Both of these options help.

Igor, it would be nice to be able to have the option of making only specific slides smaller rather than all of them.

Thanks again to all who make this forum what it is.

Howard