WnSoft Forums

PixBuilder Studio v1.00 beta #2

Igor

What an incredible piece of software all managed in only 1.1Mb! For anyone not having the regular Photoshop, this is the way to go and a nice adjunct to P2E. I have only played with it a few minutes, but as a Photoshop user, it is very intuitive and easy to use. ...and 1.1Mb, I can't beleive it! PS CS is over 100Mb.

Wnsoft has done it again.

Bill

I downloaded it this morning and gave it a short trial....great stuff! It does a lot more than most of the smaller apps of this kind and it seems pretty easy to get the hang of. And this is only Beta 1!! Photoshop simply overwhelms my brain and my eyes glaze over when I look at all its tools...PixBuilder seems more proportioned to enthusiastic amateurs like me. Thanks Igor and gang.

Jim.

Igor

Unless I missed it, the only thing that would be a great inclusion would be the ability to decide on the size of the image prior to cropping. As far as I can see the crop has to remain in register.

I like to crop to 1024*768, is that possible? I know I am asking a lot for a smal program, but what else would you ever need.

Barry

Igor

In Photoshop and Elements, you can select the crop tool and from the crop tool options at the top of the screen pre-select any size. eg. You can select 1024px for the width, 768px for the height and also select 72ppi.

As you click and drag the crop tool it stops at the correct size, hit enter and your image size is a perfect 1024*768 @ 72ppi.

The real plus of this pre-set crop tool is that if the image is high resolution enough, you can crop a landscape from a vertical, I do it all the time.

Barry

Igor

That way of cropping an image direct to the size and resolution works the best for images for a PTE slide show.

If you intend PixBuilder to be the natural partner to PTE, perhaps you may also like to consider some way of automatically saving the files, once they are cropped.

The sort of thing that would be useful is for the user to be able to set up a PTE project folder from within PixBuilder. Maybe assign an Function key to automatically save the image to that project folder.

The idea is that images can be gathered from various places, cropped and then saved with one key stroke to the project folder. This makes preparing images for a slide show quick and easy.

Barry