WnSoft Forums

097 - 5 Minute Video - PTE AV Studio - Creative Cropping

• 4 weeks later...

Quick question. I applied the demo style (2 different images split into 5 portions).  Let's say I have Photo A and Photo B, both 16:9 aspect ratios.  If I have Photo A as the starting image and Photo B as the ending image (the image after the segments rotate) I notice that you can see the faint lines between the segments on Photo B.  If I interchange the images so the Photo B is the first and Photo A is the second, there are again faint lines between the segments on Photo A.  Always seems to be the second image.  Any idea what is going wrong?

I think I correctly cropped both original jpg's using 16:9 ratio with Photoshop Elements but I will check again.  It always seems to be whatever is picked for the turnaround image is the one where there are very faint vertical lines.  I guess I can try picking the same image for both the "front" and "back" and see what happens then.

Well I experimented again.  I took one image that was 16:9 (the pixel count in the status bar is 9248x5202 which is exactly 16:9) and picked that one image for both slides in the demo style.  The front side was fine but the flipped side always shows the faint vertical lines between segments. I tried another different jpg that is also 16:9 and the same thing happens--front side fine but flip side has lines.  

The style was designed for 1920x1080 or multiples thereof.

9248x5202 is indeed 16x9 but dividing 9248 by 5 (20%) does not give a whole number of pixels hence the error and gaps between segments.

When doing this kind of work i have always used pixels rather than %.

DG

I suggest that Barry modifies its style and forces main objects to the 16:9 ratio.

If the user is not satisfied by the crop, he or she can open the image under Photoshop and reframe it with the apropriate ratio, but by default the style should do it automatically.

It is the way I proceed when I share a style, but it is just a suggestion.

Capture(72).jpg

A couple of things.  Resized both images to 1920x1080 and still got the vertical lines on the second image--doesn't make any sense to me.  I was also thinking about the antialiasing thing but was not exactly sure what that does.  Would you turn it off for all of the objects then?

Just answered my own question--turned off antialiasing everywhere I could and NO MORE LINES.  I wonder if that would also have worked when the images were 9248x5202 so I will experiment with that as well.  

Thanks Denis