WnSoft Forums

2nd impression Gone Fishing 3

Alex55

Hi everybody,

Just finished 2nd Slideshow in PTE Beta 4.

Here's 2nd impression;

The App seams to be very robust, just 2 crashes while Copy and Paste the text.

Still can't make nested opacity to work for me.

Tried to use the Displacement Map Effect with little effect. That was the main goal.

It would be nice to have possibilities to apply Shadow effect to the Nested Comp. Requires a lot of work around.

You can't overestimate new Blur edition !!!

So far everything looks good and promising. This is very  good App!!!

Here's the link to some Styles:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EPU54do-IXQhn6MPjJspJ0RO6N3jrAIv/view?usp=share_link

Thanks

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Alex55 changed the title to 2nd impression Gone Fishing 3

Hi Alex,

I'm glad that you like and actively use the new PTE AV Studio 11 Beta!

On 11/2/2022 at 1:17 AM, Alex55 said:

The App seams to be very robust, just 2 crashes while Copy and Paste the text.

Can you tell in more details about this problem with crashes? Did it occur with Beta 3 or newer? We fixed the problem with crashes when you copy a slide with a text captions since Beta 3. It occured rarely but we could track this issue and fix it.
If any crashes occur with Beta 4 or 5, please let me know.

Currently, we don't observe any crashes since Beta 3.

On 11/2/2022 at 1:17 AM, Alex55 said:

Tick Nested opacity option for a parent object (Rectangle object, for example). Add child objects into a Rectangle object. Now if you adjust opacity for the parent object(Rectangle) - all this group objects will has a common opacity as glued layers in Photoshop.

I attach below a screenshot which explains how it works:

NestedOpacity.thumb.jpg.2464ef0fcd6c7ad7326f46ac23844e0d.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Igor said:

Can you tell in more details about this problem with crashes? Did it occur with Beta 3 or newer? We fixed the problem with crashes when you copy a slide with a text captions since Beta 3. It occured rarely but we could track this issue and fix it.
If any crashes occur with Beta 4 or 5, please let me know.

Currently, we don't observe any crashes since Beta 3.

Igor, I had a crash - Lock up - on Tuesday on my Laptop. Can't now remember if it was with Beta4 or I had just installed Beta5.

I have had the same thing with PTE10 & 10.5 on my desktop and another member of our AV Group also reported the same thing to me on Tuesday.

It seems to occur if you try to do something too quickly after doing someting else. Maybe with large files/videos & PTE is still processing.
Often if you try moving the playbar in Timeline or moving a sound file.

I think I had just inserted a video in Timeline & was trying to move it along slightly.

I have never been able reproduce it, but the screen just freezes & you can't do anything.
The only option is to close down PTE.

I have found sometimes that you can do CTRL+S to save the Project or a CTRL+Z to step back one change.

But you still have to close PTE.

Also it leaves the .lock file and that has to be manually deleted to allow you to continue.

I think John reported it to you a long time ago & you couldn't reproduce it, he mostly has it with sound files.

It does not occur that often, but does happen if you are doing something quickly.

Jill

Hi Jill,

Thanks for letting me know.

1. Do I understand rightly, PTE 11 Beta doesn't work less stable as previous PTE 10/10.5? And sometimes freezings occur in all 3 versions? 

2. How often this problem occurs? 

3. Did you observe any freezing with a desktop computer and PTE? Not on a laptop.

I didn't see any freezings with PTE 11 Beta for least one month on my PCs and two Macs.

I guess that less stable work of PTE 10/11 can be on laptops with dual Intel + NVIDIA graphics, as PTE intensively uses GPU graphics acceleration for the interface fo PTE and for rendering a preview.

We fixed one problem with freezing in Beta 2 or 3 when copy/paste a slide with a text object. It's difficult to reproduce this issue, but it happened sometimes. We finally fixed it.

8 minutes ago, Igor said:

Do I understand rightly, PTE 11 Beta doesn't work less stable as previous PTE 10/10.5? And sometimes freezings occur in all 3 versions? 

Yes PTE11 is just as stable as other versions.
The freezing occurs in all versions, not sure if it occured in PTE9 as that was a long time ago.

9 minutes ago, Igor said:

How often this problem occurs?

I have only had it once on my Laptop, but I don't use that to make projects very often.
I think I have only had it once on my Desktop, but that is a fast PC.

John has it a lot more than I do on his Desktop which is less powerful than mine, usually when moving a sound file in Timeline.

The other person from our AV Group has just emailed to say it happened again after he added a 6 minute video & was about to edit it.
Not sure if he works on Laptop or Desktop.

Jilli

Hi Igor,

10 hours ago, Igor said:

Can you tell in more details about this problem with crashes? Did it occur with Beta 3 or newer?

I was using Beta 4.  CTRL+C text in Notepad and CTR+V into PROPERTY Text window.

I've done this multiple times.  The App freezes 2 random times forcing me to quit by using Task Manager.

I have to say that this happen to me First time since Beta 3.  It was pretty common thing in PTE 10.5 while working with

complicate Slides.

On 11/1/2022 at 2:17 PM, Alex55 said:

I've just realized this is my fault. Somehow I was under the impression than the term "Nested" applies to the FRAME with , let say, Rectangle inside

meaning FRAME is a Parent  and  Rectangle is a Child. My bad. You explained- I understood.

I'm sorry to misleading you, folks. Obviously still a lot of things to learn.

Thanks

Alex

2 hours ago, jkb said:

I have only had it once on my Laptop, but I don't use that to make projects very often.
I think I have only had it once on my Desktop, but that is a fast PC.

John has it a lot more than I do on his Desktop which is less powerful than mine, usually when moving a sound file in Timeline.

The other person from our AV Group has just emailed to say it happened again after he added a 6 minute video & was about to edit it.
Not sure if he works on Laptop or Desktop.

Jill, I just thought that it can be some delay, not freezing. Especially if some linked project files were located on a network drive, or HDD drive. If it will occur again on your computer, or John's computer, please try to wait a minute to see if it help. Please let me know about a result.

Usually I work with files from SSD drives only and I very rarely face with any freezings, even during software development of PTE. I guess that some freezings could be a delay with reading a file from a network or HDD drive due to some reason in Windows OS or antivirus activity.

Anyway, I'll try to reproduce this issue on our computers to find exact reason. 

45 minutes ago, Alex55 said:

I was using Beta 4.  CTRL+C text in Notepad and CTR+V into PROPERTY Text window.

I've done this multiple times.  The App freezes 2 random times forcing me to quit by using Task Manager.

I have to say that this happen to me First time since Beta 3.  It was pretty common thing in PTE 10.5 while working with

complicate Slides.

Alex, thanks for these details. If any freezing will occur again, please send me a personal message. If it possible, please attach a project where it occured (all files in a ZIP). Also see my reply to Jill above, try to wait 30-60 seconds to see if freezing will disappear automatically itself. 

2 hours ago, Igor said:

please try to wait a minute to see if it help. Please let me know about a result.

Igor, we have left it several minutes, but it still stays frozen.
Says PTE Not Responding at the top of the Window.

On my laptop I only have a hard drive no SSD.
I think I was using a USB3 external drive when it froze as my images are on there. Although I do transfer them to the internal drive as I develop the project.

I do have an SSD on my Desktop, but that is only for the Programs C: Drive. All other files are on an internal hard Drive.

Don't think John has an SSD on his computer.

Jill

On 11/4/2022 at 12:00 AM, jkb said:

Igor, we have left it several minutes, but it still stays frozen.
Says PTE Not Responding at the top of the Window.

On my laptop I only have a hard drive no SSD.
I think I was using a USB3 external drive when it froze as my images are on there. Although I do transfer them to the internal drive as I develop the project.

I do have an SSD on my Desktop, but that is only for the Programs C: Drive. All other files are on an internal hard Drive.

Don't think John has an SSD on his computer.

Jill

Jill,

Please send me a small project where this issue can be reproduced with PTE 10.5 or 11 Beta. And screenshot when freezing occured.

3 hours ago, Igor said:

Please send me a small project where this issue can be reproduced with PTE 10.5 or 11 Beta. And screenshot when freezing occured.

Hi Igor,

Sorry but it is not something that is easily reproducable, it just happens.

If it does happen again, then I will try to get a screenshot.

As I said I think it is if you do something too quickly after doing something else
But very difficult to pinpoint what.
John says it usually occurs for him when trying to reposition a sound file in Timeline, so just trying to drag the sound clip along.

It just freezes & you can't do anything.

Sorry can't be of more help.

Jill

12 hours ago, jkb said:

Hi Igor,

Sorry but it is not something that is easily reproducable, it just happens.

If it does happen again, then I will try to get a screenshot.

As I said I think it is if you do something too quickly after doing something else
But very difficult to pinpoint what.
John says it usually occurs for him when trying to reposition a sound file in Timeline, so just trying to drag the sound clip along.

It just freezes & you can't do anything.

Sorry can't be of more help.

Jill, 

Thanks, I understand, no worries. Please send me any project in a ZIP where that problem occured earlier.

Do I recall rightly that you observed any freezings with PTE 10.5 & 11.0 Beta only when you moved some audio clip in the Timeline view? No freezings at other places of PTE?

5 hours ago, Igor said:

Please send me any project in a ZIP where that problem occured earlier.

Hi Igor,

The project that I was working on in V11 has been updated many times since the problem occured.
I was working on it all last week.

I can send you the Template Folder if you think it will help.
But at the time it locked up I was still using files from my USB3 external drive, they are now all on my hard drive.
I have the .pte file from the day before & one from about 4 hours after the lockup, but the project will have changed several times in between.

I know I was working in Timeline & I think I had just dragged in a video file in between 2 slides, but realised it had dropped in the wrong place so quickly tried to reposition it along the Timeline.

The freezing occurs when repositioning a Slide/Video or a Sound Clip in Timeline view.
Only when you are working quickly.
No freezing with any other tasks.

I will try to see if I can reproduce it later, but have to go out now.

Jill

10 hours ago, Igor said:

Please send me any project in a ZIP where that problem occured earlier.

Hi Igor,

I have managed to recreate the Lockup on my Laptop.

Please see email & WeTransfer with all the details.

Hope this helps.

Jill

I also had a similar problem. I was working with Jean-Cyprien's Block Style, using high resolution images. In O&A I tried to enlarge the area of the slide's timeline. While moving the cursor up the PTE window became grey und it had to be closed.

18 hours ago, jkb said:

Hi Igor,

I have managed to recreate the Lockup on my Laptop.

Please see email & WeTransfer with all the details.

Hope this helps.

Jill, thanks! I'll download your file today later and will try to reproduce that issue.

4 hours ago, jt49 said:

I also had a similar problem. I was working with Jean-Cyprien's Block Style, using high resolution images. In O&A I tried to enlarge the area of the slide's timeline. While moving the cursor up the PTE window became grey und it had to be closed.

Thanks for these details.