WnSoft Forums

Indexing text layers

Bad Dancer

I think that there are several reasons why internal objects (rectangles, frames, texts, ...) cannot be main images. In your special case, you may highlight all your (identical) text objects (e.g. using the Ctrl. key), and you can (simultaneously) enter a new text, font, shadow, ...  If you want to change the size (Zoom), you must highlight the corresponding keyframes.

jt49, If I create a new template, it doesn't matter to me how many times I duplicate the text, since this is a workflow, but if I share this template with other people,
it will be very problematic for them to edit 30-50 text layers in several compositions.

Two beer or not two beer, that is the question...:rolleyes:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jt49 said:

Use text images with transparent background (surely not the solution you would like very much) :rolleyes:

This is a good option for personal use, but not suitable for this task, unfortunately.

Images with text will not work in this case, since the text in this template is supposed to be replaced by other people. Bad Dancer shares his templates with a wide audience (for which many thanks to him), this increases the interest in the program and the number of its users. Therefore, he is worried about the process of editing his template by people who are not very familiar with the program. Applying the Main Object feature to text layers would solve such problems. 

21 hours ago, Bad Dancer said:

but if I share this template with other people,
it will be very problematic for them to edit 30-50 text layers in several compositions.

I'm afraid that we can't make this task easier, here we need to contact the developers. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aleina Show said:

... but not suitable for this task, unfortunately.

You could have noticed that my "suggestion" has not been a really serious one (as I said: Surely not the solution that Bad Dancer would like very much). I wonder if WnSoft would like to extend the concept of Main Images (which are the input objects of Styles) to text objects, or if they may think of introducing something new that would satisfy Bad Dancer's requirements. Good luck :)

2 hours ago, denisb said:

Just an idea of a workaround, if I understand your question:

use  <%MainImg99.IPTC.Headline%>  of a picture for the text. Choose the index you want (99 for me)

If you change the IPTC, all the occurrence of the text will be change 

Thank you! This is quite an interesting idea. But I just can't get it to work. Can I ask you to share a zip project of a slide with an example of how such a bundle works?

• Like 1