WnSoft Forums

Spring Animation Modifier

I was watching one of my old PTE videos and I noticed it doesn't have a spring like decay modifier. Maybe it's possible to do with an oscillation multiplier and keyframes? If you know of any easy way to create this effect let me know. If there is a spring decay type modifier it would make it easier. I used a text animation program in the example below.

Thanks,
Tom

My 3 year old video.

• Thanks 1

Hello to all,

In 2018 I posted a style simulating a tennis ball bounce effect with damping. The effect is directly configurable with the PTE interface. The style was created with PTE version 9 and it still works with version 11.

In the project of this post, I also added a parameter on the PTE modifiers. I named it "Damping factor" with a value that can vary from -10 to +10. The value 0 has no particular effect and the modifier keeps its basic function. With a value >0 a damping effect is applied. With a value <0 an amplification effect is applied (not sure if this is useful).

I think it is relevant that an additional Damping parameter could be added for each PTE modifier. For example on the third slide of the project, I used damping on an X-axis rotation oscillation modifier.

Pascal.

Damping ratio_Jan23-2023_16-25-17.zip

• Like 3

Hi Pascal,

I had forgotten that I posted on your original thread over 2 years ago. Maybe this feature could be enabled in PTE 11.x by Igor.

Thanks,
Tom

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paiche59 said:

In the project of this post, I also added a parameter on the PTE modifiers. I named it "Damping factor" with a value that can vary from -10 to +10. The value 0 has no particular effect and the modifier keeps its basic function. With a value >0 a damping effect is applied. With a value <0 an amplification effect is applied (not sure if this is useful).

I think it is relevant that an additional Damping parameter could be added for each PTE modifier. For example on the third slide of the project, I used damping on an X-axis rotation oscillation modifier.

How cool that looks! That's genius!  +100 Thank you!

1 hour ago, tom95521 said:

Maybe this feature could be enabled in PTE 11.x by Igor.

Thanks,

That would be wonderful! And there is a working scheme, it seems to work correctly, does not interfere with the other functions. 

• Thanks 1