WnSoft Forums

I apologize for this entry

fitzner

:( I am sorry guys for being a *>#? person at times through the years but I am need of prayer now.

I seems that I have "Prostate Cancer" and it was caught early and my Veterians Docter says that I am still young and healthy otherwise (age 60)so I am going for the complete removal of the gland. It is slow growing so I am going for a bone scan September 21st to see if my lower bones are clear and then probably go to surgery by October or early November. The VA is just not in a rush. All I can say for all men is to get checked regulary and not just with the rubber gloves but also with a blood test for your PSA count as this is vital. I have to go with the VA because I have no insurance and the VA will take care of me so I really can't complain. I know you all of us know people who have had this operation so I could use some encouragement.

I love you guys,

Harry

Hang in there Harry, our prayers are with you. At your age it's unlikely that it has spread beyond the prostate itself. Many who are diagnosed at your age and not treated at all live for over twenty years because it's a slow growing type and the prognosis after treatment is excellent so keep the faith!

Best regards,

Lin

Harry:

I know how you must feel right now as I have had the same expirence (hey... I'm 82) Three years ago I was diagnosed with advanced protate cancer (PSA 27) and still making slideshows with P2exe. Make up your mind that this thing won't get you down and remember we're all rooting for you.

Good luck, Bob..

Of course Harry! You've got my prayer, and blessing if you will. Even if you did qualify for the "*>#?" description, this forum full of such nice people would probably never notice. You've always been a courageous person with your PTE and photographic efforts. I see no reason why you won't be the same with this unwanted challenge. And I'm sure you've got your family standing close and firm with you.

Carry on!

Assuming you are otherwise healthy, Harry, you are making the correct treatment choice at your age. I am a geriatric physician, and have relied upon you and many others in this forum for advice - finally, I can give some back. Overall, the tumors tend to be slow actors, the Gleason stage can be an indicator - so having the careful evaluation to assure there is no spread is important. We often will do a CAT scan of the pelvis as well as the bone scan. The VA should be well versed in the treatment. I am certain there are a multitude of online sites and even patient forums that you can explore to become as informed as you can be. Often patient forums can give you a patient's view of what to expect - and what questions they wished they asked or knew ahead of time. Best wishes.

Alan

Hi All,

I am so impressed with you guys and your solidarity, help and assistance.

Look at these guys Harry and get strength from them, and I wish you many, many more years of Pics2Exe presentations.

All the best to Harry and all out there

Yehuda

"Positive things happen to positive people"

This is so true Harry so often our fears are our worst enemy and how often do we fear something only to wonder why we ever did. I'm sure this will be you to Harry.

Our thoughts are all with you.

Courage, Harry. This cancer cures very often. I have a friend (52 years old - driver TGV) with complete removal of the gland since two years.

The cancer was also found with the PSA.

And, now, all is OK. He travels again !

I'm sure PTE will be a fantastic help for you to think also at another thing.

As the wife of a man with prostate problems many years ago, the worst part was making a decision to have an op or not. Naturally some doctors say yes, others no--wait. I asked wait for what? Cancer? I made the decision and my husband is a very healthy 90 and still checking the PSA. Our friend who exhibited the same symptoms at the same time listened to the doctors who said wait. Today he is under care for cancer--at age 85.

The man who waited is not well and the man who was brave enough to go ahead with the op is living an incredibly active life and looks like a man of 70. You can guess the moral of the story. Barbara :rolleyes:

Harry

I am new to piturestoexe and have been looking at the posts here and have not felt like joining in yet as I do not know the software well.

However hearing your news prompts me to give you some support. I also had my Prostate removed back in 1999 at the young age of 51. Early last year I found that it was partly in the bone, however all the nurses and Surgeons I have spoke to aways say one of the following:

Most men with Prostate Cancer die with it not of it.

If you are going to get Cancer then this is the one to get.

Those caught early do not usually get futher symptoms.

I am on Hormone treatment and keep a healthy and positive outlook.

It is not as bad as people would believe.

Enjoy life to the full!

Reg

Hi Harry

Can't add much to what has already been said except that my friend had the same as you 15 years ago and is still taking photographs - his prostate and PSA is well in control but his photography hasn't got any better ;)

I had a bladder scare some years ago and found that AV and PTE were a blessing in keeping my mind focused and positive.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery RonH (NE UK)

:lol:

WOW!! this was a great idea to share this with my brothers from around the world!! I feel encouraged!! To know that some of you and those that you know can relate with me.!

I do have some websites to look at as suggested for the patient experience and I will look at those.

Kind of holding off on my presentations for now just not to inspired. Actually I am waiting for Igor new beta materspece coming up.

My son wants to take some digitals at the VA of me in the hospital and them wheeling me out and of the operation but I said NO NO!! I would be barred from the forum for that and besides what kind of musical background could I use "Gone with the wind"!!!!

All kidding aside thanks guys and I will be in rouch.

Harry

Hi Harry

Just to say our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Looking forward to your future masterpieces - even medical ones!

Just keep them shorter than "Gone WIth the Wind" time-wise.

Keep smiling!

Severe ill health forced me to give up work and so I learnt AV instead.

Hope all goes well with your treatment.

Take care of yourself, follow the doctors advice and know that we are all cheering for you.

Love Maureen

Harry,

There is only one way to deal with this... Try to keep your thoughts as positive as possible. Medicine is of a very, very high standard nowadays. I work in a hospital and see miracles done with a regularity you won't believe.

Your doctor seems not to be in a hurry. I see this as a good sign. If he is not in a hurry he is not too much alarmed. Keep this in mind!

Marianne