WnSoft Forums

Faltering images in exe file

lauwejo

Hi,

Usually all computers of the last 10-15 years are able to cope with smooth panning of images in EXE shows.

I attach a sample simple project which you can check. JPEG image is 3000 x 1080.

What pixel size of your images?

I recommend update drivers for your graphic card, if even our sample project shows not-smooth animation on your PC.

SamplePanning.zip

Some more information: the project with the faltering images was made by a club collegue. My job was to incorporate his project "Colourless" in a great project with 9 PTE MP4 shows.

The complete project was published in a large EXE and was presented with a very good and recent beamer. 

Though the "Colourless" showwas incorporated as a MP4 file, the presentation of it was very faltering. Also his EXE version apart was very faltering, while his MP4 version apart was not, and both presented with the same PC and beamer.

As I don't know with which hardware my collegue made the project, I can't give more information on that. I only saw he often used the styles Border pan left or right.

Large pixel images CAN cause problems in an EXE depending on the hardware used to SHOW the EXE wheras an mp4 from the same project will not display the same symptoms. 

In such cases, large pixel size images are the usual suspect.

You will need to make the EXE available to Igor for him to provide a definitive answer.

DG

Use "Wetrnasfer" or similar free account: https://wetransfer.com/pricing?campaign=PM_58700008186163808&term=Wesendit&medium=UK_P-G_Aw&source=Google&gclid=CjwKCAjw36GjBhAkEiwAKwIWyc9RTSG0Cb_l-mb0Ja_qJ7ecuI22uKuS5MEPA13uQC16I428uh-FCRoCEkUQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Alternatively, use Microsoft One Drive.

Post link here or send link to Igor via a PM explaining your problem.

DG

1 hour ago, lauwejo said:

Link to exe file "Kleurloos bekeken":
https://we.tl/t-vLzXopDoMi

Hi,

Thanks for uploading the project.

In this EXE show there is only 1 slide with 1 video clip (MP4 1920 x 1080, 60p). 

EXE format is best suited for animation of images and text captions. You add images to a project, adjust animation, and produce an EXE file.

If you chosen a MP4 video output for your project, there is no need to wrap a created video clip into an EXE show.

Of course, EXE format can include video clips. A complex show may include animated images and video clips. Usually video clips in MP4 format at 1920x1080 60p and included to an EXE show play smooth on modern computers (5-10 years old). Your EXE show plays very smooth on my desktop PC.

You can write a configuration of your computer where you observe the problem with smootness (faltering).