WnSoft Forums

Music fade in/fade out not working in Home version

MichaelF

Hello, I'm using  11.0.6 (64 bit) in the home version on a Win 10 PC. Everything seems to work fine except the fade in/fade out of music (mp3 files). I tried several files, but nothing happens. Music starts with full volume and stopps with full volume too!

What can I do to get it working??

21 minutes ago, jt49 said:

The envelope tool is available only in the Pro version, isn't it?

Yes and also the fade IN/Out handles on the Timeline are only in Pro.

The Studio Version you can use the Fade IN/Out times in Project Options Audio Tab

Jill

His post is not worded very well. I took his mention of "Home version" as referring to Windows 10.

It is PTE AV Studio Pro and PTE AV Studio - not Home. Nevertheless, the Project Options route would be open to him and I did ask him which settings he was/is using.

DG 

Edited.

Hi,

In your version of PTE AV Studio (Standard edition) you can adjust smooth beginning/ending of an audio clip. These options are called "Fade In" and "Fade Out" in English interface and located in the Project Options > Audio tab.

According your screenshow above, I see that you've adjusted 14 seconds for Fade In and 9 seconds for Fade Out for the 1st audio clip.

Do you mean the problem with this first audio clip or other other audio clips?

Michael,

Try the advice suggested above.

If the problem occurs with a simple test project (one slide and one audio file), please send us this project. Use a command "Create backup in a ZIP" from the main menu > File menu. Then upload the ZIP archive to Google Drive or WeTransfer.com or iCloud and share the link.

Thanks for the sample project. 

I see no problem with Fade In/Out in this project. Total duration is 18 seconds. Fade In is 10 seconds and Fade Out is 10 seconds.

I attach a screenshot below where I show 2 waveforms. Original soundtrack. And created MP4 video from your project with applied Fade In and Fade Out effects.

Also I attach this created MP4 video. Do you hear the same result when you listen to the project on your computer?

fadeinout.jpg

Perhaps this problem is an interesting example of individual perception of sound volume.
For your project, I can hear the result of applying the Fade In effect. Try Dave's advice above. Also try to make the duration of the effect shorter, say 5 seconds, to evaluate the result and compare. Good luck!